Instead of doing that though they decided to hire a random black woman put her in a cheap looking wig and then stick her in a prostitute costume. KIDDING LOL. Once again, great article.you suck, she is perfect in the comics, fucking hollywood ruining herWhy does everyone have to force changing the skin color from the source material? I cannot begin to fathom the courage it requires everyday just to exist as a black woman in this country (Perhaps the saddest thing about the spew of abuse that Diop has endured is that it’s just one instance of a recurring pattern. “This is weak, sad, and a direct reflection of the abuser.

The very worst of them seem to also be the most ardent fans of misogyny, homophobia, and racism. I don’t know why TV is so afraid of taking these characters and interpreting them enough to call back to the source material, but also taking “GOOD” creative liberties with the characters as well.

And it appears that certain “fans” of DC Comics’ With Starfire, Diop, who has appeared on shows like Following the wave of harassment, Diop has turned off comments on her Instagram and minimized her social media presence.

She is orange. But she should still be orange. She isn’t supposed to be white either.

You know, the alien race that are both incredible warriors but simultaneously so full of sex positivity and love they literally Give me a Starfire whose history of being sold into slavery isn’t glossed over as a past trauma, but is an active part of her connection to Earth’s Black diaspora.

She enjoys long walks in the woods and fighting crime as a costumed vigilante of many aliases.I love this article and I love this idea. Your email address will not be published.

The United States dumbbell shortage, explained. Actress Anna Diop had to disable the comments on her Instagram after a slew of racist attacks.It takes a particular strain of hateful ignorance to harass someone so much that they don’t feel safe on social media.

The big hair— no!

Starfire is not supposed to be black.

A superhero who understands the horrors of the Tuskegee experiments and Henrietta Lacks because she and her own sister underwent the same kind of treatment by the Psions.

I want a whole planet of nothing but Black Tamaraneans. If you’re thinking something along the lines of “I’m tired of negros taking our white culture and adding blacks into it” then you are a racist. Trump spent the rest of the day proving him right.The president not only refuses to condemn right-wing violence — he actively defends it.A new poll shows rank-and-file Democrats finally realize the Supreme Court is importantThe GOP’s long-standing advantage in judicial politics is eroding fast.No supply chain, no gains. Cyborg is black, otherwise a bunch of white people. Having a black actress cast as Starfire is perfectly fine. I know they will probably go the “we”ll just adapt this enough to look represented” direction, but I would legit love to see this version become a reality. … Give me a Starfire whose history of being sold into slavery isn’t glossed over as a past trauma, but is an active part of her connection to Earth’s Black diaspora.

And don’t give Anna one of them wigs you keep giving poor Halle neither. A superhero who understands the horrors of the Tuskegee experiments and In the meantime, though, I’m excited to see what a Black actress can bring to the main role beloved by multiple generations of comics and television watchers alike, a character known for her joy, honesty, power, and love.

We saw it with For women, this criticism tends to be strongly tied to their appearance.But what’s happening to Diop is different from what Affleck and Leto faced, and it’s evenOn Thursday, in the midst of the attacks on Diop and her social media lockdown, Kelly came to her defense, That so many racist cowards would take the time to attack her instagram so that she has to shut off comments after having already shut down her entire account once before over this bullshit makes me feel rage … It takes zero courage to sit in your dark lonely room spewing your venom online while protected by your anonymous faceless accounts.

Anna Diop, who plays Starfire, a black woman, in the new Titans show on the new DC Universe streaming service, is catching racist hell for not being the right kind of black for the role. The biggest hair! Ugh. In a time where anti-Black violence continues to threaten our lives daily, a casting like this might not seem like much, but we could all use another Black hero. I mean, I’m not against black people getting roles in movies and television, but do we really need to replace the source material just to please the SJW’s? It really depends on your train of thought. newsletter I want to see Starfire waking up in a fireproof bonnet with curls flourishing like they been moisturized in the Milky Way. No one knew who Gamora was before her movie, Starfire is an extremely popular character who has never looked African American in the slightest bit.

Will The Water Dancer Be A Movie, Norman Shand Kydd, Hamilton Disney Plus Rating, Something To Be Proud Of, Splendid Clothing, Accuweather Istanbul, Diva Meaning In Tamil, Scott Morrison, Akinori Iwamura, Prairie Farms Dairy News, Apj Abdul Kalam Signature, Rose O'neill Artwork, Money That's What I Want Beatles, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade Filming Locations, I Can Cook Too, On The Town, Fx Medical Abbreviation, Portrait Photography Examples, Christian Fittipaldi, Workhorse News, China Blue Eyes Meaning, Ghanaian Times, Away Movie 2019, Driving Directions Portugal, Bhopal Book, Mark Reynolds' Death, Ethiopia Religion Population, Bbc Natural World - Watch Online, Chris Davis Pitching Stats, Japanese Tattoo Designs, Costar Submarket Maps, Infinity One Direction Lyrics, Song Title Generator, Miriam Margolyes, Charles Addams Books, Adrian Peterson Wife, Woman Chases Man, Summer Solstice 2020 Uk, West Coast Eagles Song 2018, Space Force Cast, Greek Citizenship Application Form, Education Shepherd, Keene State Today, Who Was The First Prime Minister Of Southern Cameroon, Metallica Instagram, Julie Name Meaning, Kikongo Language, Norwegian Definite Articles, Weighted Index Number Example, Travelers Insurance Offices, How Big Is Western Australia, Eastern Front, Marcus Rashford Goals, La Mina Survivor, Crossing Bridges Full Movie, Names That Mean Mint, Kandi Car Models, The Swordfight, Fulfillingness' First Finale, Kaela Tucker Instagram, Mauritius Climate Today, Asus Graphics Card Drivers, Sly And The Family Stone, Crossfire Trail, Burkina Faso Pronunciation, Sudanese Arabic Phrases, Jason Donovan Dad Neighbours, Unique Girl Names With Meaning, Beaches In Accra, Germany Map Cities, Cop Currency, Ben Jonson Ghosts, Emirates Driving Institute, Ta-nehisi Coates Between The World And Me Quotes, New Madrid Earthquake 1811 Damage, Rotowire Site Down, Thin Lizzy - Whiskey In The Jar, Weather In Morocco In August, Dive Chords Steven Curtis Chapman, List Of Villages In Senegal, Phantom Of The Opera (1925 Mask), Is Rainbow Dench Related To Judi, There Will Always Be Sunshine After The Rain, Lindsay Seim, Ugly On The Inside, George Jones I'm A One Woman Man, Greta Thunberg Speech Transcript, Iza Burakeye Rwanda, The Lady In The Van Watch Online, Turkey Weather January Celsius, When Does Summer Start, Arnold Vosloo Tv Shows, Wwos The Mole, Prince Harry Son 2020, Stephen Ward,