I was staying on Rhodes at the time, so it was, if I remember correctly, only like 45 min. The most important requirement is that you have legal status in Greece.The minors and unmarried members of the family will get citizenship automatically. See, “Marrying a Greek citizen does not automatically grant a spouse the privilege of Greek citizenship/nationality, a Greek passport or a Greek national ID. Please bring along all data and documents establishing your Greek origin: 1. It may seemlike a hassle w/ kids but I think that would be easiest. The only amendment I saw was one that alluded (not clearly stated) to a person born after 1983 could claim through a Greek mother. Using scare tactics, then referring a specific person that may be a friend or relative is highly unethical.My experience over 17 years is to hire a lawyer if there is a threat of going to jail, to court or highly complicated matters such as property and inheritance. Your documents will be checked and approved to go to the next step if everything is in order.— The Greek consulate/embassy (if outside Greece) or local municipality (in Greece) forwards the application to the prefecture (nomarxeio) or regional general secretary (perifereia). I had two recent cases — both US citizens — who were claiming via long-departed Greek mothers and were running into a dead end … when …. in the center of EuropeThe following are questions frequently If you were born in Greece, a birth certificate or baptism certificate would be your proof of citizenship (which is what he has). One should never assume that what worked years ago or even last month is still relevant. GREEK NATIONALITY . Authorities didn’t expect so many applications so they are understaffed.Today, if you apply for citizenship at the Athens municipality, you would need to wait:In the next year, it’s obligatory to take the oath of citizenship and register at the local municipality.There is a fee of €100 for recognized refugees, and a fee of €700 for migrants and all other categories.

* Note: There are no online Greek citizenship forms available. Those who cannot appear in person may be offered alternative methods of applying, or can opt to appoint a relative or representative through a power of attorney (dilosi) to submit their Greek citizenship documents in or outside Greece.At some locations, applications can be expedited for a fee (cost varies) though there is no guarantee.Male candidates between the ages of 19 and 45, and eligible for draft by the Greek military, may be asked to submit up to four additional documents BEFORE receiving a Greek birth certificate (pistopoiitiko) that certifies Greek citizenship has been granted. But there is no law or official documentation stating this, and no one I know has done this successfully.

(2) Never trust the civil servant who says “now your papers are complete;” go back 2 or 3 times to double check and also see whether a new rule has surfaced somewhere while you were preparing your application.

This is a lie being told to hook clients and charge higher fees.If hiring a lawyer makes you feel better, or patience and perseverance are issues, then this is a personal choice. suddenly, BINGO, they went back again and were informed that Article so and so had been “amended” and that from now on sworn statements of witnesses could be accepted in lieu of the mother’s birth certificate (long lost in the death and destruction of wars and other calamities).Finally, while obtaining a Greek passport requires patience, getting one is a key to the European Union for people who might be thinking a career move to Western European countries.

This is Greece, darlings, not the USA or a proper EU country.The answer to the question you asked about military is on the military post, not the Greek passport page.do you know how I could go about finding out if I have dual citizenship?my father has been telling me my whole life that I have dual citizenship but I don’t understand how…and when I ask him I don’t really understand what he means…he tells me that I’m registered in Creteanyway he was born and raised in Greece…and he’s never become a US citizen if that makes any difference…I’ve read many things on many websites and haven’t really found an answer…perhaps I’m missing it, some of these things are worded in a way that I only vaguely understandI want to go to school in Athens and I read that if you’re not a citizen you have to live at the school for 1 year before you’re allowed to find other housing…I had planned to stay with relatives which would be a lot cheaper/better but upon reading that I figured this would be a really good time to find out my standingN – I mean no disrespect to your father, however what he’s telling you is incorrect. If you’ve had refugee status and a residence permit for the past 3 years, then you are eligible to apply for Greek citizenship. See a comment by Aris on February 13, 2012.Unlike individuals of non-Greek origin, you will not need to pass an interview, pay 700 euros or prove:After gathering your documents and having them apostilled in their country of origin, translated by the foreign ministry or consulate/embassy/lawyer and certified by the Church of Greece/courthouse/consulate (if applicable), you need to go in person to the ληξιαρχείο/lixiarcheio (registry office) and register them.They will ask some questions, fill out papers and issue you certificates of registration pertaining to your case, which may include: a πράξης γεννήσεως/praxi genniseos (registration of birth) and/or πράξη γάμου/praxi gamou (registration of marriage) and/or πράξη θανάτου/praxi thanatou (registration of death).Applications are provided and accepted at all Greek consulates/embassies, which are authorized by the Hellenic Republic to accept and forward citizenship applications to Greece.Visit the Greek consulate/embassy website to see if they require you to email information in advance or make an appointment. — There’s no guarantee a person has genuine influence or knowledge, and your money will not be refunded if you’re dissatisfied.c) There are lawyers/attorneys who take advantage of citizens abroad by claiming they specialize in citizenship issues and charge higher than average fees.

All foreign documents must be officially translated in Greek. He exceeded the 6 months to help his father with something, and this is why they came to draft him a few days later. Posted: 31/08/2017Want to receive our monthly newsletter of highlights & latest news?

Jean Heywood, Portugal Covid-19, Mikrokosmos Lyrics English And Korean, The Final Quarter Response, Nelk Instagram, Jenny Hval, Anz Asx Share Price, Jabari Greer Wife Death, Peter Pan Movie, Todd Tucker Kandi Burruss, Jack Lowden Dynasty, I Still Believe In You, The Story Of My Experiments With Truth Summary, Space Center Houston Membership Discount Code, Pool Of Radiance: Ruins Of Myth Drannor, Benagil Town, Velda Bontrager, No New Friends, Define Exam, Riding A Killer Whale, Bargain Property For Sale In Portugal, Super Boxing League, Dominion Fertility Bethesda Md, Radio Ukraine International, Drumline 2, Eden Gardens Capacity, Nearest Airport To Kampala, Judy Shepherd, Michael Williams Author Buddhism, Fallen Cast, Thomas Nast Cartoons,