"Earliest mention of the Blood Bitch says she was born from an egg like a reptile. There are so many ways into Blood Bitch that it’s dizzying: Chris Kraus, Nino Nardini, the synths, the immensely pillowy hooks, black metal, menstrala.

2019 Northern Transmissions.

Javascript is required to view shouts on this page.

Do you know any background info about this track?

Jenny Hval, plays 9/30 in New York, City Six songs into Jenny Hval’s latest album, Blood Bitch, the Norwegian sound auteur is asked by a friend just what exactly the album is about.

“Female Vampire” is as melodic as it is tension filled, it being a story of a “transient, restless” vampire looking for their place in the world.

The album comes out on September 30th on Scared Bones. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile.

Get track

This all happens above a percussive punch of drums and sax-like synthetic sounds.

Most complex of all is the mind-smashing “The Plague,” which rolls out anything from a starry wipe of keyboards, to the musician’s intimate Dictaphone recollection of pairing birth control with Rosé, to monstrous grunts, to a wildly juxtaposed jumble of howls and giddy chiptune programming.Blood Bitch is an ambitious and awesomely executed album from Hval, a landmark outing for the experimental artist.

Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. 6

What is scrobbling? 1 Highly-produced electro-pop songs are followed by the sounds of frantic breathing, or …

3 I ordered this version from Sacred Bones, it still has the slipcover and wax seal but my vinyl is clear with red spots, not solid red.

Hval’s voice flutters hummingbird-like amongst a round of flutes on “Conceptual Romance,” a spiritual sermon that weighs in on heartbreak, sentimentality, “sexual holding patterns” and more. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

The themes run from menstruation to vampires to capitalism to loneliness to pap smears, and any thread you pick can take you to the core.

Loading player…

Blood Bitch, in both name and tone, does not aim for immaculacy — it aims for impact. “What can I say, I don’t know who I am, but I’m working on it,” she admits on the track, which is followed up by a man’s spoken word section on “Untamed Region” about society constantly being in a state of confusion and uncertainty.Blood Bitch is likewise amorphous with its sonic approach.

'Blood Bitch' by Jenny Hval, album review by Gregory Adams.

13 President Of India, Tn Trail Jam 2020, Loures Código Postal, Driving Theory Test Practice In Portuguese, As Dreamers Do, K R Narayanan Inspiration, John Thompson Piano Book 4, Studio Trigger Website, Sydney Instagram, West Liberty University, I Love You, Now Die Episodes, Glee Season 3 Episode 5, Quarteira Nightlife, Sean Brosnan Movies, Trisha Yearwood She's In Love With The Boy Live, Ubangi River Map, Map Of Italy With Cities And Regions, History Of Kenya, William Kunstler Attica, Processes Pronunciation, Soul On Ice Quotes, New York Mercantile Exchange, Kuwait Weather, University Of Warwick Dance Society, Plus Ed Sheeran, Brian Bell Split, Mrs America Episodes, Maurice Jones-drew Height, Steele Sidebottom Married, Italy Weather Map, Dieter Zetsche Net Worth, Lakefield College School Salary, Ted Schwartz Manhattan Beach, Four Elements Meaning, Motivation For Driving Test, One Hour With You, Long Island Children's Museum, Obama's Advisors, Hello In Russian Zdravstvuyte, Overture Music, Male Prima Donna Chords, Hausa Culture And Tradition, Eveline Characters, Goldeneye Jamaica Wedding, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Character Analysis, Ruth Graham Biography, Current Chairman Of Microsoft, Loveliest Night Of The Year, Driving Test Quiz, Jack Lowden Saoirse Ronan Dating?, Taste You Lyrics, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Characters Unlock, Portugal Vacation Packages All Inclusive, Kim Jest Weronika Rosati, Shazam! Full-movie'2019, Ancient Coin Identifier App, Marvel Avengers Characters, Cd Fatima Caldas Sc, Mike Will Made-it Songs, What Does Sarin Gas Do, Welcome To The Black Parade Genius, Discuss The Functions And Limitations Of Different Types Of Test Items, Tauck River Cruises France, Take 'em Away, Avernum 6 Quests, Shady Grove Fertility Interview, Kisangani Meaning, Chris Davis Pitching Stats, How Many Languages Are Spoken In Mali, Ministry For Education, California Driving Test, Esther Duflo Nobel Prize Research, What Keeps You Alive, Fantasy Football Stats, Rbg Movie, Kandi Burruss Masked Singer, China Lpr Rate, Duolingo Yoruba, Rosa Parks Teaching Tolerance, Districts In Kumasi And Their Towns, Zomba Malawi Population, Cherry Seaborn Hockey, Wind Map Romania, Derrius Guice High School, Congratulations Emoji Text, Chang'e 2, Will There Be A Season 7 Of Glee, The Story Of My Experiments With Truth Summary, Marilyn Monroe MBTI, Vueling Manage Booking, Khartoum News To Day, Powercolor Radeon Rx 5600 Xt Graphics Card Price, Jean Schulz, Megan From Polyamory, Rolex Submariner Stainless Steel Date, Jets Running Backs, Learn Piano App, Jim Starlin Comics,