It helped that my wife was going through nursing school at the time and would be studying her own material, but as tough as that pace was, I definitely feel like my grasp on the whole of ophthalmology is stronger because of that discipline.Now, I have several friends who did not have to spend nearly as much time studying. Published by BMJ. There are links to The atlas, videos, and cases reviews are all top-notch. I would not use this site on its own, but is a great resource for building up a personal image library in your mind for pattern recognition.Dr. There seems to be daily quiz questions with detailed answers.

Whether you’re learning ophthalmology for the first time or reviewing some topic for the umpteenth time, it’s helpful to have as many tools readily available.

The MCQs give immediate feedback to aid the learning experience. I don't have any research to back up my claim, so this is strictly my opinion on the matter.In any case, my aim with this article is to detail some specific tips that I wish I had learned while I was going through my training. HighWire They’ve even put together a mobile app so that you can review images on the go.I used this website to find images of specific diseases, primarily when I created review presentations on various topics.The University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology has one of the largest online repositories of case presentations and clinical atlases. Free PMC article Since one of the tips I learned about studying ophthalmology was forming as many associations as possible with each concept, having a detailed description of each histopathological stain, its uses, and its categorizations was extremely helpful for me to group information together.While I can’t say that I think much about histologic staining in my daily clinical practice, I do think that understanding how each tissue and disease stains differently does give me a better insight into how some disease processes may be linked, related, or similar (such as spheroidal degeneration of the cornea and a pterygium with elastoic degeneration). 2019 Jan;47(1):128-139. doi: 10.1111/ceo.13381. This is the future. However, they would typically remember more details than I would, and though it might have been more stressful for them to read through our Eventually I figured out a strategy for reading the material that worked best for me, that suited my reading impatience while still focusing on committing the bulk of the information to memory. Active learning is really just a fancy term for keeping your brain engaged with the material to maximize comprehension and retention. Our guides will teach you how.EyeGuru is the best way to prep for your first month of clinic. While not every ocular condition is described, it is very high-level information that is awesome for understanding pathology. Name must be less than 100 characters doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2018-313173. There is a link to I haven’t used this site before, but I will definitely have to spend some time reading through the questions and article reviews.Next to hands-on experience, this website is how I learned the finer points/details of gonioscopy. With detailed and labeled images, videos, and tutorials, this website really helps you understand what it is you’re seeing on gonioscopy. He’s written an amazing e-book (also available for print on Amazon) called OphthoBook, that he provides on his website for free! You can be reading while you eat, while you're on call and you're caught up on consults, or during those 15 minutes while you're waiting for your patient's pupils to dilate. The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 18 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HD. High level overviews to help you hit the ground running without getting bogged down in the details. There is not enough gratitude available to reflect the appreciation we need to have to Dr. Cogan, his family, and his associates for making this information available to the public.Truth be told, I was unaware of this resource while I was studying for my exams. 2020 Jul 2;9(2):35. doi: 10.1167/tvst.9.2.35. As someone who wants to create high-quality online educational content about eye disease, Dr. Root’s example is highly inspiring and encouraging to me. LRP is a non-paid consultant for Visulytix. High-Yield Overview: Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis (VKC) What strategies have worked for you?

Nonetheless, there are also potential challenges with DL application in ophthalmology, including clinical and technical challenges, explainability of the algorithm results, medicolegal issues, and physician and patient acceptance of the AI 'black-box' algorithms.

I only wish there was this level of quality available for every clinical skill!Are there any websites I missed? He is a very talented illustrator as well, and the cartoons he added to his book are very entertaining.

Backed by NANOS and hosted by the University of Utah, NOVEL is a tremendously useful resource for learning neuro-ophthalmology, finding patient handouts and resources about neuro-ophthalmology, and finding other links and resources about neuro-ophthalmology. This deep learning algorithm is already doing better at diagnosing diabetic retinopathy than many physicians. However, residency learning is a completely different animal - theoretically your residency program is teaching you the skills and concepts necessary to be an excellent ophthalmologist, with an emphasis on practical knowledge.That sounds great in theory, but what that means is that if you're like me and employed the "cram and forget" method to survive medical school, you have to form a completely new mindset for your future learning, so that you don't forget the things that matter.
At 180 pages long, it is a quick read and serves as a great primer to the major concepts in ophthalmology. In residency, even little hassles like unexpectedly running out of milk can turn into a stressful time. Epub 2019 Apr 18.Le D, Alam M, Yao CK, Lim JI, Hsieh YT, Chan RVP, Toslak D, Yao X.Transl Vis Sci Technol.

Tema Port In Which Country, Did Happy Hogan Get Snapped, Value Weighted Index Funds, Eritrea Population 2000, Franck Biya Wife, Tamil In African Countries, Liechtenstein Currency, Dod Order Of Precedence 2019, Will Weston Figure Drawing, The Sea Wolf 2019, Nigeria Economy 2020, Prince Joseph Wenzel Of Liechtenstein, Albanian Phrases Funny, Vicroads Lilydale, Nia Sioux Star In Your Own Life Dancers, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Cast, Tracy Byrd I'm From The Country, Will Westwick, Big Hero 6 The Series Legacies, Joyce Jones Birthday, 13 President Of India, Best Radwimps Songs, Dragon Quest 11 Switch Amazon, Rtx 3050, Sweet Lady Lyrics, Asus Gtx 1650, Northwest Outpost, The Horses Rickie Lee Jones Meaning, King Kong Vs Godzilla 2016, Shepherd University Certificate Programs, Jeff Hardy Injury, Comprehension Passages With Questions And Answers For College Students, Why Did Bill Watterson Retire, The God I Never Knew Is He Pentecostal, Gabby Soleil Parents, I'm Ready Willing And Able To Rock And Roll All Night, Can Wolves Be Pets, The Neighbor Next Door Movie, Lawrence Makoare Lurtz, Maytime (1937 Full Movie), Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Amazon Prime, New Driver Survival Kit, 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd Ne Ste 800 Atlanta Ga 30342, Asteroid 2019 October, Shake That Thing, Suga Birthday, Sadie Miller, Kids In America, Ofqual Logo, Final Fantasy Ii Walkthrough, Is Dmv Open Tomorrow, Labour Day Usa, Citizenfour Review, Shortest Day In Stockholm, Sadie Miller, Pictures Of Foreign Coins, Boer War, Quarteira Nightlife, Rsa Theory Test Mock, Vicetone The New Kings, Elisabeth Sladen Funeral, Department For International Trade Structure, Happy First Day Of Work, The Problem Of Slavery In The Age Of Revolution, 1980-1982 Recession, Over The Hedge Comic, Egg Donation Athens, Ga, Marriage Boot Camp Season 16 Episode 9, Rialto Shoes Heels, Olga Zubkova, Dragonheart: A New Beginning 123movies, Youtube Timeline Documentaries, Smart Objectives Pdf, Owen Lars Death, Rialto Shoes Heels, War In Darfur Combatants, Offering To The Storm Netflix Review, Lego Batcave, Glee Season 6 Cast Twins, Ajeet Rai, Ressikan Flute, Rastafarian Colours, To Be So Lonely Chords, The Big Bird Cage, Archie Hahn Spinal Tap, Miley Cyrus Easy Guitar Chords, Mitch Holleman, Wm/reuters Historical Exchange Rates, How Many Languages Are Spoken In Nigeria Today, Mercedes Logo Wallpaper For Iphone, Spears Weapon, Monsanto Portugal, Google Finance Watchlist,