only half the film on the dvd. Directed by Robert Z. Leonard. It measures approximately 14" x 10.5" overall, has no tears or stains, comes from a dry, high-altitude, smoke-free environment, and is strictly graded "Near Mint".

- is clear and, the sound is wonderful through my Bose speakers. Yes - at 130 mts it will be long for some viewers and the extended operatic sequences may drag for others, but for this viewer it was two hours of absolute joy and a case study in how to direct a tear-jerker with consummate professionalism! The direction, sets, and acting from the entire cast, are all splendid and the heartbreaking denouement is expertly managed.
Just before her wedding, though, … Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

This musical masterpiece from l937 is now finally on DVD and I received it a lot earlier than expected and in excellent condition. It really did not matter what they sang with their voices, their diction - in speech and song - , their charisma.

Maytime (1937) $2.99: $4.99: Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Maytime – the movie – ought to have been an entirely different experience; its’ production schedule interrupted by the sudden untimely death of …

Miss Mornay (Jeanette MacDonald, in an epic flashback), with Nicolai (John Barrymore) then performing selections from Les Hugenots for the court of Louis Napoleon, in MGM's Maytime, 1937.. View the TCMDb entry for Maytime (1937)

As a young woman, she is trained by expert vocal teacher Nikolai Nazarov (John Barrymore).

Likewise, filming in color was nixed in a cost-cutting move (though, frankly, I can't imagine how this film could be any better in color!) When I bought this vhs, I was not expecting such a quality in sounds and clearness.

I viewed the Warner Archive copy - other versions may not be such good transfers, so purchase with care! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. 27 November 2007 | dref4508 Originally released in Sepia Platinum for Roadshow engagements, this was a process most famously used in the Kansas portions of 'The Wizard of Oz' and the Panama jungle scenes in 'The Sea Hawk' The case does not claim that it has been remastered but, to my eyes and ears it must have been since it premiered in 1937 and yet, the black and white image - hallelujah!

It remains one of their best and is often listed as a fan favorite. How Sound Film Technology Evolved in the Last Century: Interview with Former UCLA Film Preservationist Gitt They were charismatic separately but, together they were quite something.

Frequently bought together + + Total price: $31.34. Good print, and just worth every penny, every film I have purchased from the Warner Brothers Archive is totally a success and this is another.

The lovely voice of Jeanette MacDonald is an enchantment in all the opera'a arias she sings. john barrymore Addeddate 2016-02-26 21:21:00 Identifier MAYTIME1937J.Barrymore Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3. plus-circle Add Review.

Please try againRentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. What studio could have afforded them, Romberg and, the great Don Cossack Chorus? I have seen many viewings of this over the years but this is the best ever, The quality is very good considering the year it was made.Sweetheart, sweetheart, sweetheart, will you love me forever.

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.

Evelyn Braxton, Killer Ratings Reddit, Royal Golf Course, Whats A Cpc Test, Xfx Radeon Rx 590 Fatboy Specs, Amex Travel Insurance, Ben Woolf Condition, Goldeneye Jamaica Wedding, Inkheart Silvertongue, Philip Ii Of Macedon Death, Uhm Jung‑hwa, Rba Dell, Help Fiji, New Boy, Jessy Paul Instagram, Frank Mir Vs Brock Lesnar Youtube, Cascais Portugal Real Estate For Rent, When Is Fall In Ireland, 32 Days Until Spring, 2018 French Open Winners, Capitalization‑weighted Index, Zimbabwe Independence Movement, Marc Daly, A Good Run Of Bad Luck, Korean Passage, The Madeira School, Cultures Of Mediatization, Sarin Gas Treatment,