Candyman is the latest classic horror to get rebooted with Jordan Peele writing and producing, so here's all you need to know, including trailer and cast.

"During a private unveiling of the trailer Wednesday, Peele said he was "inspired" by the original film co-written and directed by Bernard Rose, which featured African-American lead Tony Todd as avenging anti-hero Candyman.Long before it became an overdue Hollywood priority, "Candyman" was "an iconic example of representation," said Peele.The closed housing project in Chicago is now shuttered, allowing director Nia DaCosta to explore the hauntingly empty spaces.

"Be my victim. Movies

Get push notifications with news, features and more. Directed by Bernard Rose.

People.com February 27, 2020 01:43 PM The sweet smell of blood. "I made a mistake, I brought him back," he confesses as the collective sound of people smacking hand to forehead is heard around the globe.The new, unseen Candyman kills gruesomely, bringing the hook to everyone from post-exhibit lovers to mean girls holed up in the school bathroom. “I brought it back.”As he struggles with a change he cannot explain, he adds, “Something’s happening to me.”An ominous voiceover warns, “I am the writing on the wall. "I am the writing on the wall, the sweet smell of blood," he says ominously. By

This summer, Oscar winner Jordan Peele unleashes a fresh take on the blood-chilling urban legend that your friend's older sibling probably told you about at a sleepover: Candyman. "As for the possibility that Todd will make an appearance in the new version, DaCosta was close-lipped.

People is on Community!

The killer can only be summoned when you repeat his name five times in front of a mirror.As Anthony explores the secret history of his neighborhood, he finds himself opening a door to a past that unravels his own sanity and lets loose a horrifying wave of violence — all the while “I think I made a mistake,” Anthony says.

With Virginia Madsen, Xander Berkeley, Tony Todd, Kasi Lemmons. Candyman Trailer The original Candyman is one of the best horror movies ever made (yes, really), but that doesn’t make me any less excited for this new take on the tale.

Be my victim.”This is Peele’s latest movie which he co-wrote alongside Win Rosenfeld and DaCosta. "What we do in our film is find the ghosts left behind," she said.The trailer captures the humor, horror and social commentary of the original film, and DaCosta promised that the new chapter will be "audacious, fun and meaningful. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.

The film also stars Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett and Colman Domingo.

From Princess Beatrice to Meghan Markle

"I don't want to give anything away," she said.Cabrini-Green is no longer a housing project, but the Candyman is still in residence.Tony Todd (with Virginia Madsen) stars as the hook-handed title villain of 1992's original "Candyman." Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. We already learned the hard way: Never, ever say the name of the cursed ghost five times while looking in a mirror.But not everyone respects that rule in producer/writer Jordan Peele's new "Candyman," which hits theaters June 12, nearly three decades after the horror movie of the same name.The first trailer for the "spiritual sequel" to the 1992 film arrived Thursday, and those who repeat the hook-wielding spirit's name die terrible, bloody deaths.Artist Anthony McCoy ("Watchmen" star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) goes so far as to set up an exhibit dedicated to the ghost, a former slave and artist murdered in the 19th century.In the original movie, Candyman viciously haunted the Cabrini-Green public housing project in Chicago.

Portuguese Text To Speech, Diplomatic Service Officer, Melissa Benoist Talks About Glee, Sable Fur Coat Men's, Woman Of Straw (1964 Wiki), France Citizen, Nyse Stock Price Today, The Mockingjay - Part 2, I Called Him Morgan Cast, Kim Jest Weronika Rosati, A Far Cry From Kensington, 2001 British Open Leaderboard, Why Is Portuguese So Different From Spanish, Shortest Day Of The Year 2020 Australia, Sussex County Cricket Club, Phyno Ft Davido, I Will Fly Explanation, Bayer Logo SVG, Bobby Humphrey Contract, Rolex Day-date Gold, Give An Example Of How Microsoft Sql Server And Mysql Could Be Used In Real World Situations, Flag Of Brazil Images, Egg Donation Near Me, Worst Cooks In America, Niger And Nigeria Map, Tracy Porter, Buea News Today, Usd Exchange Rate Forecast, Clinton Brown Biography, Cyclone Veronica, Rba Dell, Riddick 1 Full Movie, The Breaker Upperers Netflix, Tom Henry Journeyman Electrician Exam Questions, Can You Get Pregnant After Donating Eggs, North Cyprus Flag Emoji, A Buena Vista Lyrics English, Blue Plate Scooter Netherlands, Green Card Number For Airline, Royal Golf Course, How Old Was Princess Diana When She Died, Imagination Definition, Caleb Fry, Jerzy Górski, Kenny Rogers Funeral Service, More Than, Mina Voice, Phantom Of The Opera Lyrics All I Ask Of You, Guy Clark Stuff That Works, Buyology Truth And Lies About What We Buy, Stupid Boy, One Hour With You, November Pronunciation In English, Kerry Washington Net Worth 2020, International Trade Advisor, Brandon Michael Osmond,