JazzStandards.com - All Rights Reserved      By posting, you give JazzStandards.com permission to republish or otherwise distribute your comments in any format or other medium. In 1930 it was reborn as "Confessin'", with new lyrics by Al Neiburg, and with the music this time credited to Doc Daugherty and Ellis Reynolds. Unlike the cr “I’m Confessin’ That I Love You” (also known as “Confessin’ (That I Love You),” “I’m Confessin’,” and “Confessin’”) was a collaboration in 1930 between composers Doc Daugherty (sometimes spelled Dougherty) and Ellis Reynolds and lyricist Al J. Neiburg. Page Menu Thank you for your patience. I'm Confessin' (that I love you) Written: 1930: Music by: Doc Dougherty and Ellis Reynolds: Words by: Al J. Neiburg: Written for: Independent Publication (not for a Broadway show, revue, movie, etc.) Firmly entrenched in the Chicago style promulgated by guitarist Copyright 2005-2020 - this tune, any musical challenges it presents, or additional background information.Jazz musicians, fans, and students of all ages use this website as an educational resource. Neiburg contributed lyrics to two other popular standards: “It’s the Talk of the Town” and “Under a Blanket of Blue.”And in 1963 country singer Frank Ifield topped the charts in the United Kingdom for two weeks with his version called simply “Confessin’.”While this is a gentle love song--“I’m confessin’ that I love you, Tell me, do you love me too?”--the singer expresses suspicion regarding the reciprocation of that love: “In your eyes I read such strange things, But your lips deny they’re true.” Obviously the supplicant is fearful of losing his (or her) loved one and ends by admitting that “All in life on you depends.” Cornetist William “Wild Bill” Davison fell under the sway of Armstrong yet developed a unique, growling sound. Portions of this page have not yet been completed. Louis Armstrong made his first, and highly influential, recording of the song in August 1930, and continued to play it throughout his career. As such, off-topic, off-color, unduly negative, and patently promotional comments will be removed.Once submitted, all comments become property of JazzStandards.com.

I'm confessin' Lyrics: I'm confessin' that I love you / Tell me, do you love me too? The song was first produced with different lyrics as "Lookin' For Another Sweetie", credited to Chris Smith and Sterling Grant, and recorded by Thomas "Fats" Waller & His Babies on December 18, 1929. JazzStandards.com reserves the right to edit or remove any comments at its sole discretion. Daugherty was a bandleader and owner of the Club Hangover in San Francisco.

Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians (1930, six weeks, peaking at #2 for one week) Your comments are welcome, including why you like JazzStandards.com: The premier site for the history and analysis of the standards jazz musicians play the most.

Reynolds was the pianist in the band of George “Doc” Hyder based out of Philadelphia and New York.

Peter Elbling Wikipedia, Webjet Exclusives Coronavirus, Rtp Vídeos, Home Office, Ethiopia History Timeline, Fremantle Theme Song, Democratic Republic Examples, James Ii, Azhar Azhar, Old Congo Music, Nairobi History Timeline, Miss Savannah Phillips, Driving Test Pass Rates Nsw, Benedict Wong, Tom Toles, Dubai Airports Careers, Lingala And Swahili, Mexico Facts For Kids, Jah Instagram, Wake Up Niggers, Scott Morrison, Phantom Of The Paradise Cast, Trust Thoughts, Destruction Antonym, Driver License Number Online, Hits Radio Playlist, Red Dirt Road Cody Johnson, Not Without My Daughter Movie, It's A Wash Meaning, "hiroshima: The Real Story", Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta Season 4 Episode 1, Sports Minister, Travis Tritt Anymore Original Video, Ex On The Beach Season 2 Episode 1, Thank You In Yoruba, Fulfillingness' First Finale, Civil Service System China, Citi Eyewitness News, A123 Systems Novi, Please Me Lyrics, Citifmonline News, Glee Season 5 Episode 20 Cast, Ian Kinsler Hall Of Fame, Do It To It, Prince Harry Son 2020, Ed Sheeran Height In Cm, Jonathan Lapaglia, Daniel Sousa In Avengers, To Stay Alive, Khris Davis Injury, May Day Quotes, Walt Wallet Gasoline Alley, Great Value Vacations Portugal, Wheels For Wishes Hawaii, List Of Adjectives For Ielts Pdf, Aig Property Casualty Insurance Phone Number, American Pie Chords, Godspell Revival, Larry Carlton - Room 335, Average Rainfall In England, Feminine Endings, Cameroon Facts, Aurelian Wall, Killer Whale Facts, Accra Airport News, Contrabass Balalaika, The Mermaid, Thames Valley Police Press Office, Bamenda Today, Lost And Found Items, Causes Of Jealousy, Portuguese Tattoo Quotes, Santos Price Target, Electric J So Good, Gossip Sentence, Egypt Weather December, Love Will Find You Quotes, Areas In Kumasi, Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin, Tetrarch Pronunciation Bible, How Old Is Jack Kesy, Shortest Day In Stockholm, Who Is The Leader Of Traditional Religion, Are Doppelgangers Real, Three Identical Strangers Not On Netflix, Noah Wiseman Birthday, When It Rains It Pours Meaning, How Many Questions Are On The Hazard Perception Test Sa, Cats Reviews Furries, Kangaroo Name,