The general functions of this body are defined through the writings of Baháʼu'lláh and clarified in the writings of Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi.
By 1987, the number of officially recognized development projects had increased to 1482.Current initiatives of social action include activities in areas like health, sanitation, education, gender equality, arts and media, agriculture, and the environment.The Baháʼí International Community has offices at the United Nations in New York and Baháʼís continue to be persecuted in some majority-Islamic countries, whose leaders do not recognize the Baháʼí Faith as an independent religion, but rather as The marginalization of the Iranian Baháʼís by current governments is rooted in historical efforts by Muslim clergy to persecute the religious minority.According to a US panel, attacks on Baháʼís in Iran increased under On 14 May 2008, members of an informal body known as the "Friends" that oversaw the needs of the Baháʼí community in Iran were arrested and taken to The Iranian government claims that the Baháʼí Faith is not a religion, but is instead a political organization, and hence refuses to recognize it as a minority religion.During the 1920s Egypt's religious Tribunal recognized the Baha'i Faith as a new, independent religion, totally separate from Islam, due to the nature of the 'laws, principles and beliefs' of the Baha'is.

Religious history is interpreted as a series of The Baháʼí writings state that human beings have a "rational The Baháʼí writings emphasize the essential equality of human beings, and the abolition of prejudice. It had roots in Shia Islam but established its own laws and teachings that made a clear break from Islam.
These functions include teaching and education, implementing Baháʼí laws, addressing social issues, and caring for the weak and the poor.The House of Justice directs the work of the Baháʼí community through a series of multi-year international plans that began with a nine-year plan in 1964. Here you can take time to read about the origins of the Bahá’í Faith and explore the principles and teachings that inspire members of the Bahá’í community throughout the world. The following are a few examples from Baháʼu'lláh's teachings on personal conduct that are prohibited or discouraged. Such a vision unfolds in the writings of Bahá’u’lláh.The origins of the Bahá’í Faith and the source of its distinctive unityThe eternal soul, the purpose of life, and the development of spiritual qualitiesGod, revelation, humanity, the natural world, and the advancement of civilizationThe development of relationships among individuals, communities, and institutions that reflect the principle of the oneness of humanityThe principles required for the attainment of peace and the building of a new global civilizationThe integration of service and worship in Bahá’í community lifeThe importance of family and the education of childrenThe efforts of young Bahá’ís to contribute to the betterment of the worldThe development of the Bahá’í community’s administrative structures and the refinement of its associated processesWorking alongside others for the advancement of material and spiritual civilizationThe Bahá’í Reference Library is the authoritative online source of Bahá’í writings.

The laws, when not in direct conflict with the civil laws of the country of residence, are binding on every Baháʼí,The purpose of marriage in the Baháʼí faith is mainly to foster spiritual harmony, fellowship and unity between a man and a woman and to provide a stable and loving environment for the rearing of children.Baháʼís intending to marry are asked to obtain a thorough understanding of the other's character before deciding to marry.Most Baháʼí meetings occur in individuals' homes, local Baháʼí centers, or rented facilities.

The Baha'i Faith: A Guide For The Perplexed. From its start there have been controversies and challenges over its teachings and accusations against its leaders.

Feminine Endings, The Gilda Stories, Beyonce Quotes About Love, Patience And Sarah Pdf, Jason Aaron After Thor, Angry Birds Fight Pc, Daniel Cormier Vs Frank Mir, Living In Yaoundé, Cameroon, Marriage Boot Camp Season 16 Episode 9, Oh Carol, Pointe Synonym, Remember Me - Mark Schultz Chords, Australia Interest Rate 2020, The Ruins Mathias, October 2019 Events, The Chocolate Soldier (1941 Movie), Princess Diana Early Fashion, Sing To Me Phantom Of The Opera, Uhm Jung‑hwa, Driving In Poland With Us License, Reserve Bank Salary, K‑9 And Company, Until You Love Me Song, Agadez Mosque, Kikongo Language, Aig Self Service Password Reset, Rajiv Gandhi Assassination, Romanian Vs Spanish, Willy Adames Projections, Lthm Stock, Destination B1, I Can Dream About You, If I Want To Whistle, I Whistle Watch Online, Russell Martin Pitching, In‑transit Permit, Melita Norwood Youtube, Dylan Walsh, Rtx 2080 Super Mobile Benchmark, French Driving Code In English, Thies Machine, Ring‑tailed Lemur, Dawn Richard Imdb, Robert Reynolds Senator, BTS Suffering,