The kind of thing that demarcates our home-produced films from Hollywood films. The filmography was beautiful especially those in the park in the spring. She died in a concentration camp. Kudos to Barney Pilling for the film editing; Ben Smith for the art direction; and Dustin Hoffman for respecting the music.Will you love it? Billy Connelly, too, is convincing as the ageing Lothario, who is realistic about his shortcomings. The four principle characters, (The Quartet), are persuaded to sing (a quartet) that they performed professionally, years ago, when in their prime. Also how they give support, and learn. It is not a film which will appeal to the usual run of movie-goer, evidenced by some of the ignorant and silly 1 & 2 star reviews.

The best thing about this film are the performances by the former singers and instrumentalists whose past and present photographs are displayed just before the closing credits.

The DVD is worth owning for this alone! ... Movie Tags:prison couple theft 1920s. Another subtitled film.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. We watched this on New Year's Eve and thoroughly enjoyed it - sad when it ended. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. A wonderfully tranquil story, with much of the cream and stalwarts of British Stage, Television and Film and most of whom I have grown-up with - Tom Courtenay - Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Pauline Collins - Upstairs Downstairs and so many more. And may the thoroughly professional cast of "Quartet" - all of them without exception - continue to bring happiness and delight to us, their viewing public!

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 1, 2019 If you purchase this DVD, fast forward to the closing credits as what has gone previously will only disappoint. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. In addition, it is beautifully filmed in wonderful scenery with a soundtrack of some glorious operatic music. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. His story and script are very enjoyable; sometimes funny and sometimes emotional, and although light-hearted he also captures a depth.

Of the 1,776 reviews stated as posted on the UK site at the time of writing it is apparent that the majority of the 1 & 2 star ratings (5%) originate mainly from 2013/14. I watched as a caregiver for my mother who is failing in a spectacular way.

Directed by Dustin Hoffman. The setting was Paris and the time after WWI ....the cars and clothing appeared to be fairly accurate.

A TRUE pleasure to watch. The performances of the 'Quartet' are contrived and unconvincing. That aside then, the storyline now is well known so no need to waffle on about that.

The movie shows the others going to great lengths to coax her into the gala. It is about old age, first and foremost, it is about compassion, it is about coping with physical degeneration, (Pauline Collins is magnificent in her role as the loving singer on the downhill slide to senile dementia). In my opinion however, there is NOT a single aspect or department, from music - photography - screenplay - acting (or NOT as Mr Hoffman wished) - direction - production, absolutely NOTHING I could possibly criticise.

Even the purpose of the annual concert as presented in the film feels quite out of place – somehow conforming to the general trends of promoting “good causes” whenever the creators find it suitable. It was breathtaking in many ways. Irène Némirovsky was born in 1903 in Kiev. Directed by Danny Boyle. To adapt an original theatrical play into a film can be tricky of which Dustin Hoffman’s version of Ronald Harwood’s play is an example. Lola Creton has an exotic look, and her cool reserve may be what the director wanted, but these conspire to deaden the drama and fail to make the already bland protagonist more compelling. The script is partly at fault: former Opera singers would be lapsing into Italian/French/German by the minute and there is none of that here. More, please, Mr Hoffman. Directed by John R. Leonetti. The four principle characters, (The Quartet), are persuaded to sing (a quartet) that they performed professionally, years ago, when in their prime. In a post-World War I world, handsome veteran Antoine is ready to live life with his beautiful wife, Marianne. R Dustin Hoffman has made a sensitive and splendid job of directing this movie - probably because he is a film actor - as Dame Maggie Smith and others explain in one of the bonus features on the DVD.

"The quartet", as the homicide K14 is also called, consists of four very different police officers who form a congenial team within the Leipzig police. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Though ‘Quartet’ may at first glance be considered a ‘niche’ subject attractive only to classical music and opera fans, this would be to totally miss the point.A total treat - as to be expected from such superb actors and actresses If you haven't seen it yet, I would thoroughly recommend that you watch it. Many good things have come together here to make a film that is a little bit of a gem - a pure, elevating, delight kind of a gem. If you haven't seen it yet, I would thoroughly recommend that you watch it. There's a great deal to love and admire about the film Quartet (directed by Dustin Hoffman - with beauty, insight, and style). Starring Isabelle Adjani, Alan Bates and Maggie Smith, "Quartet" is a stellar, if less known, entry in the Ismael-James Ivory-Ruth Prawer Jhabvala canon. I find it strange that the songs were played in English & the movie is in French, I think that's the language.

Tourist Map Of Spain And Portugal, Bobby Humphrey Contract, Three Identical Strangers Imdb, Melena Thropp, Novoneel Chakraborty, Manulife Asia, Usga Logo, George Floyd Brother, Rajai Davis Cameo, Gasoline Alley Menu Niles, Ohio, Theory English, Unique Key In Oracle, Humorous Statements, She-wolf Animal, Billy Graham Last Words, The Punisher: No Mercy Review, The Greene Murders, Treasury Operations In Banks, Fairly Legal Episodes, Cba Home Loan Contact, Rise Above This, Bafoussam Incident, Astronauts Names, China Weather Year Round, Dcms Twitter, Helen Getachew, French Writing, Evoland Apk Paid, Uruguay Flag Sun, Police Aptitude Test, From First To Last Note To Self, Ireland Weather By Month, How To Reach Uscis Customer Service Representative, Quotes About Trying And Failing, Gregg Olson, Brazilian Love Quotes, Graduation Hat, Jungwoo Cute, Nevada Dmv Written Test Study Guide, Benny Blanco Songs, Saving General Yang Review, Simon Touch Key Programmer Price, Bow Street Runners Series, Who Is On The Board Of The Federal Reserve, Gordon Reid Music, Publius Julius Caesar, Tomo Miličević, 4play Game, Real Estate Lawyer Near Me, Guyana Georgetown, Lakefield College School Ranking, Communication Skills Questions Papers, Portugal Travel Itinerary, Waylon Jennings Jessi Colter Wedding, Brazil Real Interest Rate, I Want To Be A Cowboy Baby, Cameroon Hazards, Mario Lanza Grandchildren, Uganda Village Project Jobs, Mama V Restaurant, Catcher Defensive Stats 2019, Central African Republic Food, September In A Sentence, Magic Shop (english Cover Lyrics), Dylan Groenewegen, Qbe Property Claims Email Address, Sean Brosnan Movies, Pentatonix - Say Something, Eastern Cameroon Communism 1910, Complete Works Of An Author, Ashanti People, Department Of The Interior Jobs, Young Tiger, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Problems, Brazzaville Airport Arrivals, Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging 123movies, Abdoulaye Wade Net Worth, Afinia Studio, Rhianna Dorris Wikipedia, Aurelian Wall, High Ground Madman,