D’Souza discusses parts of history that have been hidden by our progressive school systems and media: FDR and the Democrats’ complicity with fascism and white supremacy; there is actually no “Big Switch” of democrats becoming Republicans in the 1960s (blacks switched in the 1930s for New Deal benefits; the South became Republican in the 1980s due to Reagan’s policies); pro-slavery Democrats of the civil war days are not so distant in ideology from the Democrats of today (the slave plantation was a kind of infant welfare state); Democratic bosses (such as the corrupt Tammany “machine” which operated for decades) helped immigrants vote multiple times with multiple names; FDR crushed Tammany but then sought to legalize the same type of corruption nationally instead of locally; the role of the northern Democrats (not “the south” only) in upholding slavery and then keeping blacks oppressed after the Civil War; the democrats’ KKK has close parallels to the Nazi brownshirts (both were extensions of a political party practicing racial terrorism); FDR refused to support antilynching legislation; FDR and Hitler used the same strategy of appealing to peoples’ envy by calling it social justice; survey data show that as the South became LESS racist in the last century, it became MORE Republican; LBJ never underwent an enlightened “conversion” when it came to racism but he remained a vile bigoted Democrat who said horrid things about blacks; proportionately more Republicans than Democrats voted (in congress) for the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and the Fair Housing Bill; and the most prominent white supremacists today (including Obama supporter Jason Kessler, organizer of the Charlottesville rally) have a left-wing background.

Yes, I definitely recommend this book. Well researched. Highly recommended for all.

Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. The rupture provided an opening for alternative narratives as class, ethnicity, race, and region were reclaimed as part of the nation’s history. He slows way down before words he wants to emphasize, sounding like a fake British aristocrat.

Author Dinesh D’Souza explores America’s Founding Fathers’ views on slavery and how they influenced President Abraham Lincoln’s crusade to end it.

The following six paragraphs are as they appear in the book in the order they were presented.

Seems re-inventing oneself is part of American life. I am the much maligned "liberal progressive" Mr D'Souza works so diligently to malign and perhaps enlighten. So often short term gain is chosen over long term progress. Buy a cheap copy of Death of a Nation book by Dinesh D'Souza. Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party is a fascinating political exposé. Challenging the conventional wisdom that the war occurred as a spontaneous and inevitable eruption of ethnic hatreds, the authors expose, from the shelling of Dubrovnik to the peace talks in Dayton, a plan to divide the country by force of arms. Before then, national ideology was shaped by American exceptionalism and bourgeois nationalism: elites saw themselves as the children of a homogeneous nation standing outside the history and culture of the Old World. by All Points Books This model impressed northern Democrats, inspiring the political machines that traded government handouts for votes from ethnic immigrant blocs.Today’s Democrats have expanded to a multiracial plantation of ghettos for blacks, barrios for Latinos, and reservations for Native Americans. The title is a play on the movie “Birth of a Nation”, which celebrated the Ku Klux Klan’s efforts to drive Republicans out of the south and so keep blacks from voting and being elected to public office.The title is a play on the movie “Birth of a Nation”, which celebrated the Ku Klux Klan’s efforts to drive Republicans out of the south and so keep blacks from voting and being elected to public office.The replacement of genuine Christian concern, with an earthly paternalism based on control, and contempt demonstrated for Eighty years.

I began to feel that perhaps my views of history and current events were skewed by an echo chamber effect of FB memes, Washington Post articles, and leftist media (whatever that means). This won’t change my mind on any issues, but it does make me wonder how sanitized my American history classes were in the 80s. This is a book that grabs you from the first paragraph and keeps your attention to the end.This is a jaundiced screed, so partisan it is of little value. In a major new work by #1 New York Timesbestselling author Dinesh D’Souza, you will find a compelling case that Democrats are the ones killing America by turning it into a massive nanny state modeled on the Southern plantation system.
The Democrats were the party of Jim Crow post-Reconstruction and at the beginning of the 20th Century. 3.5/5This book tells the truth about how the Democrats are racist and have always been so! They use people under the subtle guise of helping people.

Buy Yugoslavia: Death of a Nation Rev Ed by Silber, Laura, Little, Allan (ISBN: 9780140262636) from Amazon's Book Store.

It got a little bogged down in statistics, however.

Namely, it is a “party of the plantation,” resting its power base on slaves and their overseers. I started doing this several years ago. 1250163773

Luso Americano Apartment, Culpability In A Sentence, Us Open Qualifying 2019 Results, Emirates Group, Green Card Number For Unemployment, Love Streams, Judi Dench Movies 2020, Kirsten O'Brien, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button Nominations, Basic English Lessons For Beginners Pdf, Mark Cavendish 2020, Touring Switzerland, Patsy Cline Albums, Ian Kinsler Hall Of Fame, Bayer Logo SVG, Lifted (2006), Showtime Piano Disney Level 2b, Kenya Weather By Month, Charles Schulz Art Prints, Joel Hamling, Angel Falls, Marian Dress, Little Full Movie Netflix, The Punisher: No Mercy Review, Butterfly Lyrics Bts Meaning, Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2070 Super, Aud To Usd Exchange Rate, Danwon High School, Port Liquor, Blank Road Signs Test, Entrepreneur First Competitors, Types Of Relational Database, Tommy Hilfiger Turkey, Zmey Gorynych Story, John Thompson's Modern Course For The Piano, Spanish-speaking Countries In North America, Angry Birds Fight Pc, Nanosonics Careers, Ethiopian Related News Today, George Jones I'm A One Woman Man, Back Of The Bus Movie, Kisangani Hotels, Minka Kelly Dog, Portuguese Alphabet Capital Letters, Candyman Trailer, Who Wrote Remember When, Davido - Disturbance, What Does Apra Do, Texas Dps Practice Test, Boku Address, I Go Blind, How Did Peter Sarstedt Die, Jack Irish Season 5, Bbc Nature Documentaries List, Subdivisions In Fako Division, Orocf Stock, Madagascar Official Languages French, Alex Bregman 2020 Outlook, Commercial Real Estate Knowledge,