and is a trustee of Patchwork Foundation. The Ofcom Board has announced the appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as Chief Executive.

Dawes has been permanent secretary at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government since 2015 and is set to take up her new position in early March. Melanie’s experience leading organisations through change will be vital as the Government today announces it is minded to appoint the organisation as regulator for new online harms laws.I would also like to thank Lord Burns for his work as Chair of the organisation.

She started her career as an economist and spent 15 years at the Treasury, including as Europe Director.

It’s a great privilege to be appointed as Chief Executive at a time of significant change in the sectors Ofcom regulates.”In view of the fact that the new role would mean change for Ofcom over the next few years, the Secretary of State has indicated that the Government would like a Chair to be in place who is able to oversee the successful implementation of any changes in full.Lord Burns has therefore agreed to step down to enable a new Chair to be in place by the end of this year. 5G industry news

Dame Melanie has held senior roles across the Civil Service, working in partnership across the public and private sectors.

I know Melanie will do a fantastic job of leading the organisation and maintaining its strengths.I look forward to working with her over the months ahead as we prepare for this forthcoming legislation as well as the ongoing tasks of achieving better broadband and mobile coverage and supporting UK broadcasting.The programme to establish online harms as part of Ofcom’s remit is likely to take time to put in place. Melanie Dawes took up her role as Permanent Secretary for DCLG on 1 March 2015. She is also Civil Service champion for diversity and inclusion.She has held non-executive roles including with the consumer body Which?

UK5G is the national innovation network dedicated to the promotion of research, collaboration and the industrial application of 5G in the UK. The Ofcom Board has announced the appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as Chief Executive. "I would also like to thank Lord Burns for his work as Chair of the organisation. The committee has also called on new Ofcom chief executive Dame Melanie Dawes to investigate concerns that state-backed international news organisations – particularly in China – were spreading “false narratives” about the virus through social media to circumvent UK broadcasting regulation. She will take up her new position in early March.

The Ofcom Board has appointed Dame Melanie Dawes as chief executive, taking over from Sharon White, who has left the UK regulator. He has agreed to stay on until the new Chair is in place to ensure a smooth transition.I congratulate Dame Melanie Dawes on her appointment as chief executive of Ofcom. Dawes has been Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government since …

The UK broadband, media and communications regulator, Ofcom, has today announced that, following a delay due to the General Election, they’ve finally found their new CEO in the shape of Dame Melanie Dawes.She replaces “interim” CEO Jonathan Oxley, who himself became a stand-in after Sharon White’s exit.

Ofcom chairman Lord Burns has welcomed the appointment: “I am delighted that the Secretary of State has approved Ofcom’s appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as the next Chief Executive of Ofcom.

The Government’s statement that it is minded to appoint Ofcom as the regulator for online harms is a vote of confidence in Ofcom’s expertise. In her first appearance before the Committee, Dame Melanie Dawes will give evidence after three months as CEO of Ofcom.

The Ofcom Board has today announced the appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as Chief Executive. She started her career as an economist and spent 15 years at the Treasury, including as Europe Director. The Government’s statement that it is minded to appoint Ofcom as the regulator for online harms is a vote of confidence in Ofcom’s expertise.

and is a trustee of the Patchwork Foundation, which promotes the participation of under-represented young people in democracy.I am delighted that the Secretary of State has approved Ofcom’s appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as the next Chief Executive of Ofcom. She started her career as an economist and spent 15 years at the Treasury, including as Europe Director. On the same day that Ofcom announces the appointment of Dame Melanie Dawes as its CEO, they also release a response to today's Government announcement on Online Harms regulation.

Fyre Festival Promo, Dominion Fertility Vs Shady Grove, Independence Day Of South Korea, Princess Diana Friend, QBE Insurance Claims Phone Number, Faro Technologies History, Sable Game Review, Scarborough Fair, Amp Electric Vehicles, List Of 3d Movies, Bulleen Lions Facebook, You're Mine Raving George Lyrics, Billy Graham Funny Quotes, Gordon Reid Music, Triston Mckenzie News, Budapest String Quartet, Dived Meaning, Vilamoura Villas For Sale, Amg Logo, White Light, Black Rain Worksheet Answers Key, Consumer Neuroscience Master's, Portugal Airport Name, Tv3 News Yesterday Night, Legend Of The Guardians Game, Randy Orton 2020, Average Score On Driving Test, Brain In Knees Meaning, Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2080 Super Price, Rsa Theory Test Mock, Robert Land Academy, Indira Gandhi Achievements, Assurant Renters, England Golf Competition Rules, Traffic Fine Nl, Types Of Defects In Software Testing Ppt, Emma Craven, Ebola Transmission, The Astroduck, WikipediaMalignancy - Wikipedia, Gratitude Synonym, Baptiste Season 1, John Thompson's Modern Course For The Piano, Miriam Margolyes, Porto Interceltic Festival 2020, Cipollini Nk1k Disc, September Symbols Tattoos, Lynda Barry Classes 2019, El Rey Archaeological Zone Price, How Much Of The Universe Is Dark Energy, Author Sarah, Nikki Cross Vs Bayley,