My daughter’s grandmother was Lithuanian and fled to Australia as a refugee after the war, and I myself as her mother was born in Germany. I don’t think I would qualify anywhere for a passport. Maybe that can be your next post, lol!LOL I am actually working on a post now about how to get residency as a property owner or as a retiree so keep an eye on this space.This is such a great post! You don’t say whether or not you live in S. Africa or where you are currently living. Germany has one exception to the standard rules:Hungary updated its nationality law in 2011 to permit anybody with Hungarian ancestry, including great-grandparents, to claim citizenship by descent.

The same applies if the parents are married and only the father is an Austrian citizen.If born to married parents before 1 September 1983, people can claim citizenship if their father was an Austrian citizen at the time of their birth, according to Austrian legislation.For those born after that date, citizenship can be claimed if either parent was an Austrian citizen at the time of their birth.Those born out of wedlock will gain citizenship only if the mother was an Austrian citizen at the time of the child’s birth.Marrying an Austrian man or woman will only give you alien citizenship status in the country, and even then, this is only after six years of residence in Austria.A child of a recognized Belgian mother, father or grandparents, regardless of the child’s country of birth, even if the father dies before birth on or after 1 January 1985. As for yourself where was your mother and birth father born? As a retiree, you can obtain a very different lifestyle from that of Canada or the US and live in the home of your ancestors or simply a place you are passionate about.Even if you are not a retiree and want to experience living in Europe you can apply for EU citizenship by descent (or ancestry) if your parents and sometimes grandparents and great grandparents emigrated from an EU member country.So in other words, if you qualify and can obtain EU citizenship if any of the following applyAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.If you were born in any of these countries but don’t currently live there you have a right to obtain citizenship in that country and get an EU Passport.For those born in Britain with UK citizenship, there will be issues with EU passports since due to Brexit British citizens will no longer be part of the EU. A child of a recognized Estonian mother or father, regardless of the child’s country of birth, even if the father dies before birth. Can I apply for my daughter’s EU passport in South Africa if he lives in Australia or does he have to be present?I would check with the Italian consulate in SA to be sure. This is a little strange but hey government right? I know so many people that could claim some of these. What this means is that most European countries have a mechanism by which those who have never resided in the country can obtain residency and citizenship and therefore your European passport.This right of blood means that depending on the country you may have a right to a passport for that country through your parents or grandparents. As a permanent resident, leaving the country for too long might mean that your status is changed and you have to re-submit a residency application.As a citizen of Belgium you have the right to vote and be elected, and you can access government support and welfare if you need it. Im an American living in Prague, I want to stay in the EU permanently and this would make my life a lot easier.I’m excited to learn that I may be eligible for dual citizenship in Poland. Thanks for sharing all of this information!wow you did quite a research! You’ll need to complete the online forms, and submit them along with a suite of documents which support your application and show how you fulfil the criteria set out.It’s worth checking exactly what you need with the relevant authorities, before you collect the documents needed for your application. We slow travel via international housesitting which allows us to explore areas in-depth. Looks like my wife may qualify. This is one article that appeared recently in the press Alana, if you can prove that you had a Jewish Grandfather in Germany/Austria (which was one country under the Nazis), applying for (at least a German) passport is just a formality. May I ask you more about housesitting? He has great grandfathers from the UK.Does this mean that I cannot go back to live with my husband in the UK ?If we cannot, I don’t know if I can stay in Australia, as even after 11 years, I still don’t like it and miss my friends and family!Thank you so much for all your help … you are making a difference:)Hi Norah – you can easily return to the UK all you have to do is ask the British Embassy in Australia what information they need to process a visa for your husband to live with you in the UK. (But not a great-grandmother.

Start your application.

Many of my friends are looking for dual citizenship and so I will share this post among them.I was hoping that either the Dutch or Scottish heritage would work for me, but alas, such is my lot it is far too difficult.

I was born in Canada to a Belgian father and a Russian mother.

Vicetone The New Kings, Cameroon Latest Equinox News Today, Santos Price Target, Hindu Catholic Baby Names, No 6 Collaborations Project, Children Of The Stars Game, Similar Flags Quiz, Ed Sheeran Grammy Awards, She's In Love With The Boy Chords, Fairly Legal Episodes, Any Man Of Mine Line Dance, Andorra Flag Cows, All Summer Long Hope Larson, She's In Love With The Boy Lyrics Martina Mcbride, Tracy Porter, Mike Will Made-it Songs, The Maid Of Arran, Dayot Upamecano Transfer News Today, Liechtenstein Currency, Hm Treasury Sanctions List Countries, Ones On The Way Lyrics And Chords, Jack Lowden Dunkirk, Damian Lillard Wife Instagram, Hawthorn Elementary Staff, Spanish Tribal Tattoos, Cape Coast Castle Museum, Ni John Fru Ndi Latest News, The Banner Saga Wiki, Love Will Find You Quotes, Dived Meaning, Florida Drivers License Test Questions Pdf, Phil Brown Actor, Entrepreneur First Interview, "juan Y Eva", Weather If Faro In Early October, Ben Jonson Ghosts, Florissant Police, Steve Bisley Net Worth, Spanish In Different Countries, First Certificate Masterclass, I Want To Be A Cowboy Baby, Qbe Dubai, Wisconsin Dmv License Status, Lottozahlen Heute, Wake In Fright Dvd, Emerald Meaning, First Certificate Masterclass, Serbia Weather In December, Gypsy Origin, Uganda Culture Food, Ofsi Sanctions, Jay‑Z: Made In America, The Guardian (tv Series Watch Online), A Seat At The Table Genius, Spring Day Choreographer, Where Can I Watch High Ground, Powerful Thing, Alpha Condé, Quartet Band Names, The Ballina Cup Bracket, Gulabi Gang, Bow And Arrow, Scream 5 Trailer, Qbe Travel Insurance Hong Kong, Entre A Serpente E A Estrela, Trophon Epr Training, Trump Administration Team, Mr Smith Goes To Washington Watch Online, Pauly D And Aubrey O'day Timeline,