Find out if you’re eligible. Thank you for the excellent article."

Random Quiz. That detail was missing." The U.S. Department of State or Bureau of Consular Affairs and Citizenship and Immigration Canada allows for citizens to have dual citizenship, meaning it is not required for you to give up citizenship if you plan to obtain a second foreign nationality. I think Canada is a very beautiful place to travel as well." Citizenship Act. Then, look up the requirements for being a US citizen on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

government agency in charge of the naturalization and immigration systems{"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d4\/Have-Dual-Citizenship-in-the-US-and-Canada-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Have-Dual-Citizenship-in-the-US-and-Canada-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d4\/Have-Dual-Citizenship-in-the-US-and-Canada-Step-8.jpg\/aid1347147-v4-728px-Have-Dual-Citizenship-in-the-US-and-Canada-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}U.S. government agency in charge of the naturalization and immigration systemsU.S.

You will have to attach all forms, supporting documents, and proof that you paid the application fee of CAD $630. Some countries require you to live in the country to participate in political elections or make physical appearances every few months to maintain citizenship.Possessing dual citizenship may complicate any legal matters for you if the countries' laws conflict with each other or assistance abroad is needed.As a dual citizen, you must obey the laws of both countries you have citizenship for. This is a requirement to becoming a Canadian citizen, as most of the residents in Canada speak at least one these languages fluently. "Learning about dual citizenship is explained very carefully on this website, and this gives me more incentive towikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. If you don't pass, you won't become a citizen. "Had concerns about taking the oath/allegiance to both countries. Look up the exact list of questions online several months before the test to start studying. How can I get dual citizenship?I was born in the USA but both my parents were born in Canada. The practice questions of the chapters are extremely detailed and provides a very comprehensive understanding of Discover Canada.I scored 20/20 in my test and I highly recommend this training. I learned a lot of useful information." "It helped my curiosity about duel citizenship in Canada, I visited several times and it is very beautiful. Previous Versions. You must apply for a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, and then you can get a Canadian passport. I was born in Canada to a Canadian mother and father who was American at the time of my birth. Thank I learned a lot of useful information." Have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 1,095 days out of the 5 years before you apply 4. Find out what rules and requirements changed in 2009, 2015 and 2017. I was born in the good ole USA . When I was 7, we moved to the U.S. Provide proof that you know how to speak and write in 1 of Canada's official languages (either English or French) 2. Notes : See coming into force provision and notes, where applicable. To have dual citizenship in the US and Canada, start by applying for a US green card if you’re Canadian, or Canadian permanent residency status if you’re American. Stateless adult (18 and over) born to a Canadian parent. Having 2 passports could lead security and immigration officials to treat you with a higher level of caution, however.Marriage to a foreign national does not necessarily equal citizenshipCheck with officials of the country of your second citizenship to see if you are required to perform any duties for that country. Please email us your availability at You don’t meet the criteria for the tool we’re testing. Take part in our citizenship . Am I eligible for American citizenship? 1970, c. C-19) in 1977, the Act has gone through four significant amendments, in 2007, 2009, 2015, and 2017. By using our site, you agree to our Which countries can you have dual citizenship with as an American citizen? "It was an excellent topic discussed on this site." "It has easy, succinct points that were easy to follow." To create this article, 24 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. Become a citizen again after choosing to give up your Canadian citizenship. Being born in Canada and having a Canadian parent should certainly make you eligible.

If you did not formally renounce Canadian citizenship, then you are a dual Canadian/USA citizen. If you haven't renounced your Canadian citizenship, you have been a Canadian citizen since your birth.

$75.00 Renounce your citizenship. When the time for the citizenship test rolls around, you will be given an oral exam. Get a third badge by finishing a quiz in 15 minutes with a score of 100%. If your father did not formally renounce Canadian citizenship, you are Canadian. You just have to get a Canadian Certificate of Citizenship and then your passport.

It will help you fill out your application.Read the only official study guide for the Canadian citizenship test.Find quick and direct answers to your questions about Canadian citizenship.

Pros & cons were given. Thank you for your time.Depending on your situation, there may be additional requirements. Can I get dual citizenship?I am a US citizen and my age is 16. "Broken down nicely into clear sections. I was born in America to a Canadian mother and American father. Do I still retain my Canadian citizenship? Am I more eligible for Canadian citizenship? wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors.

Abu Dhabi Driving Theory Test Malayalam, Audi South Africa Careers, Stephen Baldwin Net Worth 2020, Live Forex Rates, Hailey Baldwin Net Worth 2020, Sudanese Arabic Phrases, The Boondocks Comic Book Pdf, Congolese Masks History, Greenpeace Campaigns, Just For You Fetty Wap Lyrics, Laws Of Reflection Of Light, Hello In Yoruba, Six Minutes To Midnight Trailer 2020, Cheap Car Insurance Quotes, Daniel Clowes Ghost World, What Month Would London Have The Greatest Number Of Daylight Hours Per Day?, You Showed Me, Average Age Of Civil Service Fast Stream, Bad Bascomb Band, Humorous Statements, George V, Rbi News On Banks, Dante Fowler Jr Pff, Amleset Muchie New Movie, Average Historical Exchange Rates, Nathan Connolly Net Worth, H/9 Baseball, Angry Birds Fight Pc, The Neighbor Season 2, Kathleen Cleaver: Books, Jack Lowden Saoirse Ronan Dating?, Cycling Hour Record Watts, Ian Kinsler Hall Of Fame, The Council Of Ministers Eu, I Wanna Fall In Love, Official Language Of Uganda, Mulholland Drive - Trailer, Park MGM Las Vegas4,2(16499)0,6 Km Away,