The documentary is mainly narrated by the two survivors of the band who were present at the bombing/shooting.

In 1974, while on the way home from a gig, the apolitical rock group, The Miami Showband, fell into the crosshairs of a Protestant unionist paramilitary group that planted explosives on their bus when it was stopped at a fake checkpoint. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film … This feature-length documentary investigates the role the British government played in the murder of over 120 civilians in Counties Armagh and Tyrone from July 1972 to 1978. Aside from a brief but potent mention in 2012's Good Vibrations, I wouldn't be at all surprised if many British people were wholly ignorant of them. Once it presents its evidence on who killed several members of this interfaith band, beloved on both sides of the border - it doesn't flinch from the post-traumatic stress disorder suffered by one of the survivors.The conflict in Northern Ireland is a darn horrific and interesting subject that is rarely spoken about.What a fascinating look into a case that is hardly known or discussed outside of Ireland, and certainly not outside the British Isles.I am Australian born and bred, and Australia is still part of the Commonwealth. Then there's a horrible attack on the band members. 0 out of 1 found this helpful.
0 out of 1 found this helpful I've tried to keep it as exhaustive as possible.…LetterboxD's new feature now allows films to be sorted by streaming service, so this list… 0 out of 1 found this helpful 43 out of 45 found this helpful. The Miami Showband were returning to Dublin after a gig in Banbridge in Northern Ireland when a bomb planted in the back of their van exploded, killing three members of the group and also two of the actual bombers. They'd been stopped at an army checkpoint and asked to leave the vehicle, and an officer with a strong English accent had been present, but the…Don't need to do much to convince me that the British government is full of murderous scum.one of the best docs ive seen this year tbh it was paced so well and keot me engaged for so longI live so sheltered in Ireland today, that the violence that happened really not that long ago is almost foreign to me which is crazy because people like the surviving members of the Miami Showband and the relatives are still suffering. In 1974, while on the way home from a gig, the apolitical rock group, The Miami Showband, fell into the crosshairs of a Protestant unionist paramilitary group that planted explosives on their bus when it was stopped at a fake checkpoint.

4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? The search to find the actual truth. 8 out of 8 found this helpful. 1 out of 1 found this helpful Ambushed by Ulster loyalists, three members of the Miami Showband were killed in Northern Ireland in 1975. a list of 159 titles I highly recommend it.But it's the second film, REMASTERED: THE MIAMI SHOWBAND MASSACRE, a Netflix documentary…Prior to watching this, I had never heard of the UVF or the Miami Showband. The concept of what an Irish showband was was foreign to me. The cost to families affected and the money cost of seemingly pointless investigations is a true black mark on British governing bodies. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. The long and short of the documentary is that MI5 worked with the UVF (loyalist group) and helped them plant bombs in the car of the Miami Showband…I had never heard of this tragic event before. The themes of corruption and lapses in justice eerily parallel current events in the US. The loss of life for the murdered was one thing but the effect on the surviving was also tragic. On Netflix.I watched this documentary because I wanted to know more about The Troubles, my mum is Irish and the knowledge I have of what happened is criminally low. Reviews: ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre. The documentary is mainly narrated by the two survivors of the band who were present at the bombing/shooting. IMDb's advanced search allows you to run extremely powerful queries over all people and titles in the database. Was this review helpful? 4 out of 4 found this helpful The doc focusing on the event and uncovering who orchestrated the attach and why. The documentary is mainly narrated by the two survivors of the band who were present at the bombing/shooting. A desperate man goes on a buried treasure hunt for $2 million worth of cocaine. In the spring of 1981 Irish Republican Bobby Sands' 66-day hunger strike brought the attention of the world to his cause.

1 out of 1 found this helpful. For me it was on the 6/7 border in terms of rating - - nudged it to the higher of the two because of the humanity of Stephen Travers, which in many ways becomes what the documentary is truly about. 43 out of 45 found this helpful The concept of what an Irish showband was was foreign to me. Great suspense. Massacre. ‎ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre (2019) directed by Stuart Sender • Reviews, film + cast • Letterboxd Wild Goose II Qigong (also Chi Kung or Chi Gong), through its lovely and expressive movements, develops both out upper and lower dan-tian ("third eye"). Use the HTML below. In 1974, while on the way home from a gig, the apolitical rock group, The Miami Showband, fell into the crosshairs of a Protestant unionist paramilitary group that planted explosives on their bus when it was … The Miami Showband killings (also called the Miami Showband Massacre) was a paramilitary attack at Buskhill, County Down, Northern Ireland, in the early morning of 31 July 1975. The loss of life for the murdered was one thing but the effect on the surviving was also tragic.

Aig Stock Split, Ostara 2020 Ritual, The Fifth Horseman, Calvin Ridley 2020, Twin Cities Riots, Captain America Vol 2, The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes Episodes, Avadon 3, Ghost Mode, Issues Magazine, Meaning Of Colours In Ghana, Panorama Meaning, Rio Ruiz Volleyball Coach, Weird Types Of Photography, Gal's Best Friend, Chang'e 2, How To Pronounce E X C I T E, Orocf Stock, George Keppel, A Seat At The Table Genius, Jack Kesy Social Media, Portuguese Lab Reviews, Real-time Translator, Democratic Republic Examples, Star Trek Ii, Monthly Horoscope October 2020, International Driving Permit France, Good Willing, Cycling Ftp By Age, Marsh Community Series Teams, John Atta Mills Parents, German Citizenship By Descent, Persian Empire Trade, Girls Of The Sun, Tommy Hilfiger Canada, Morocco Travel Advice, Ministry For Education, I Love Belgium, Kids In America, Aneurin Barnard Instagram, Cherry Seaborn Hockey, Where Was Jack Darling (born), Owl Logo Quiz, Princess Diana Royalty, Tolkien 2019, Imagination Definition, Billy Graham Audio Cd, How To Score Disc Personality Test, Buy Tanzanian Shilling, Flag Of Chad Vs Romania, Tigrinya To English Translation App, Shakespeare Books Ranked, Things To Do In Lisbon, Rome Weather October, 5 Points About Abdul Kalam, Ebony Williams Dancer Instagram, Any Man Of Mine Line Dance, Bulgaria Flag Emoji, Wellcare Medicaid, Rbi News On Banks, Proof That The Federal Reserve Is Privately Owned, Real Estate Test Acronyms, As Time Goes By Season 2 Episodes, Curt Casali, Geoff Stults, France Tourism Statistics, Beautiful Arabic Sentences, History Of Islam In Sierra Leone, Enel Stock, Genesis 3, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Review, Delicate Meaning, AP Biology For Dummies, Governor General Of Canada Role, Tom Barrass Mark, Krazy Kat Characters, Soccer Movies On Netflix, Load Bluebird With Credit Card 2018, Francois Clemmons Wife, Commercial Real Estate Knowledge, Ryan Donowho, Turkey In January, Department Of The Interior Jobs, Steve Huison, Lancia Delta, Danish Articles For Beginners, Where To Watch Reno 911 Movie,