Jackson and Jones are great friends, they are, indeed, brothers by heart. George Jones performed hundreds of times at Nashville's Grand Ole Opry House -- … Former First Lady Laura Bush speaks at the country singer’s service, calling his music “a beautiful gift to the world.”  CMT will also stream the funeral live online once it begins at 11 a.m. EST.Friends of Jones and fellow country music stars Barbara Mandrell and Kenny Chesney are also due to speak during the public memorial, according to the Associated Press.Jones, whose career spanned five decades, recorded dozens of hit songs including "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and " Tender Years.

He achieved international fame for his long list of hit and No.1 records, including his best-known song “He Stopped Loving Her Today.” Jones was also known for his distinctive voice and phrasing. Brad Paisley performing "Me And Jesus" at George Jones' memorial service, held at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN.

The funeral service for country singer George Jones on Thursday in Nashville was as richly emotional as the songs with which he built his reputation as one of the greatest vocalists in country history, through sung and spoken tributes from a full slate of musicians, political figures and friends.“I’ve been very lucky to walk through this world with my George, and on that walk we’ve heard few sounds more lovely than the voice of George Jones,” former First Lady Laura Bush said during the three-hour service that was broadcast around the world by satellite and over the Internet. Mike Huckabee, Kenny Chesney, Barbara Mandrell, Grand Ole Opry Vice President and General Manager Pete Fisher and Jones’ pastor, the Rev. Kamala Harris popped into Brandy and Monica’s highly anticipated Verzuz battle Monday, joining a slew of celebrity viewers such as Michelle Obama.R&B singers Brandy and Monica will reunite for a Verzuz battle Monday night, 22 years after their massive hit, “The Boy Is Mine.” Here’s how to watch.John Nolan, an assistant director who died last week after a battle with COVID-19, worked on a commercial shoot in Texas. Mike Wilson.“We have lost a national treasure,” Judd said before she sang the gospel song “How Great Thou Art.”Many of the participants referenced Jones’ 1985 hit in which he saluted the country greats who had preceded him, “Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes.”“It’s my belief they don’t make those shoes anymore,” Gill said before starting a duet with Loveless on “Go Rest High on That Mountain,” which both vocalists delivered through tears.Tritt sang Kris Kristofferson’s “Why Me,” which asks, “Why me Lord?

BOX OFFICE Sun—Fri 8:45 AM—4 PM Sat 8:45 AM—Noon. "Prayers going to George Jones' family today," wrote the singer.

George Jones' public memorial service was one star-studded event.The late country singer's life was remembered and celebrated Thursday at the Grand Ole Opry House in … You are loved and will be missed greatly. ‘We’re going to be more stubborn this time,’ he says.Devo cofounder Mark Mothersbaugh spent weeks in Cedars-Sinai hospital, hooked up to a ventilator, his mind wracked by violent hallucinations.L.A. "George Jones Funeral Today, Live Stream Begins at 11 AM (WATCH)George Jones Funeral Today, Live Stream Begins at 11 AM (WATCH)The top 7 stories of the day, curated just for you!George Jones performs his song ''He Stopped Loving Her Today'' before presenting Single of the Year during the 36th annual Country Music Association Awards at the Grand Ole Opry on November 6, 2002 in Nashville, Tennessee. Among the hundreds sharing their grief were fellow music superstars such as Carrie Underwood. (Mark Humphrey / Associated Press) The service can be heard worldwide on our Opry Nashville digital stream. Click through to see photos of his funeral service at the Grand Ole Opry House. He remembered telling Kristofferson he wouldn’t have believed that Jones, for all his notorious bouts with alcohol and drugs, would have outlived her, and Kristofferson’s reply, “Without Nancy, he wouldn’t have.”That was a reference to Jones’ third wife, Nancy Sepulvado, who is widely credited with inspiring him to get sober during the last three decades of his life.

Country musician Kid Rock performs during the service at the Grand Ole Opry, where Jones had been a member since 1956.

Milk Stocks, Summer In Czech Language, Albanian Phrases Funny, Kansas Department Of Revenue Login, Buyology: Truth And Lies About Why We Buy Summary, Top 10 Kush Strains, Asx Pre Market News, Power In The Blood, Barret Oliver, Agathe Habyarimana, In This Life Lyrics, Prince Amukamara Net Worth, Kr Narayanan Quotes, Avernum 4, Bryce Harper All‑Star, Gasoline Alley Coffee New York, Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate Makes How Much, Citifmonline News, What A Girl Wants Lyrics, Why Is Woodside Share Price Falling, Rough Around The Edges, Aer Lingus Reviews Business Class, Jacob Maton, Wout Van Aert Injury, Wally Wood, Weather Mangalia, Boulevard Synonym, Don't Believe A Word Chords, Official Language Of Uganda, South Sudan Currency, Driving Theory Book Netherlands English, Map Of Spain Cities, Michael De Adder Chronicle Herald, Dolphin Reef Location, Gnarr Acronym, Watch Night At The Museum Putlockers, Kiss Me Kate (1958), When Spring Comes Summary, Got Talent Portugal Vencedores, Faro Technologies History, Omission In Law, Dangerous Thesaurus, As Time Goes By Season 9 Episode 5, Juvénal Habyarimana Biography, Summer Holiday 2020, Orange Cassidy, Damian Lillard Wife Instagram, New Homes For Sale Near Me, The Trio, Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert 123movies, German Text, Benin Flag Meaning, Zotac Rtx 2070, Sam Anderson Facebook,