The climax poses the pirate queen in a face-off with Queen Elizabeth I. Windswept hair, leaping figures, blurred outlines, and a liberal use of white highlights pack the paintings with motion and energy that propel the adventures. Yet the lives of these two amazing women were inextricably intertwinGrace O'Malley commanded a dozen ships and the obedience of thousands of men. I also had a big problem with the F-word being used so frequently. Check out The-PirateQueen's art on DeviantArt. Other than those two things screaming at me here and there, it was a great book. Hey, just curious, by any chance do you have a full reference of Human Sabor? I recommend this to anyone who enjoys historical fiction!I have had this book on my shelf for what seems like forever. Also, many of the events depicted were decidedly a bit...implausible. I read a lot of historical fiction written by women, and in this book, there were only two times I could tell it was written by a man: He didn't go into detail of the births of her children, and he didn't harp much on how she missed her children, considering she spent such little time with them--even as newborns. Other than that, it was an exciting story and I recommend it.Enjoyed the history and the setting for this fictional account of the Pirate Queen, who I had never heard of before, but due to content and Elizabeth I’s sections I skimmed most of the last half to see how it concluded. But I got it in a used book swap, and decided to give it a try. So much fun to read. Grace O'Malley is an interesting character and it was fun to learn more about her in this well written book. The author was straight forward about not having all of the facts, having to take some creative license simply because many of the facts about Grace O'Malleys life aren't available. I also had a big problem with the F-word being used so frequently.

I should point out that it is historical fiction, so it should not be considered a learning tool. We not only have to perform the same feats as men if we're to be successful in our own right, but we have to overcome the curse of being born a woman. The other warning I will give, is the book sometimes reads more like a romance novel than anything else. The Pirate Queen is a great historical fiction read. This is a terrific combination of Philippa Gregory's Boleyn novels and Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. One thing that was found in this book that I feel really ruins what could otherwise be an excellent story is the use of profanity, not in the dialouge between charactors, but within the narrative itself. The other warning I will give, is the book sometimes reads more like a romance novel than anything else. I never was in the mood to read it but today I picked it up and ended up reading it in one day. I did enjoy the novel, despite the strong language and minor love scenes.This is a wonderful book. I'm a decendant of the O'Malleys, which made it even more interesting, but I particularly enjoyed reading of a strong Irish woman who was a leader before her time.

Grace O'Malley commanded a dozen ships and the obedience of thousands of men. Do you still like WarioxPeach or not and why do/did you ship it?I still ship them, because I am usually bored with "canon" or popular couples. The author's presentation of her life is fascinating and impactful. Most of it was just too unrealistic. "Thoroughly enjoyed it! All in all, I think it could have been a fascinating novel, had it been handled with a little more skill and delicacy. It's sad that the story of Grace O'Malley has faded into the background because it's a fascinating part of history. If you're looking for a fun read with a historical background, this is a good one.The concept is great, but since not much is know about this real life female pirate, the author made a lot of it up, which he freely admits.
I had high hopes for this book because I have heard a little bit about Grace O'Malley, but I felt a little let down.I had high hopes for this book because I have heard a little bit about Grace O'Malley, but I felt a little let down.I really enjoyed this book. One thing that was found in this book that I feel really ruins what could otherwise be an excellent story is the use of profanity, not in the dialouge between charactors, but within the narrative itself. And, leDon't judge a book by it's cover. I reThe concept is great, but since not much is know about this real life female pirate, the author made a lot of it up, which he freely admits. The Pirate Queen follows the story of central character Grace O'Malley, who convinces her father to let her sail with him on the maiden voyage of The Pirate Queen. Apr 18, 2020 - Explore Mary Cleveland Wojcik's board "Pirate Queen", followed by 388 people on Pinterest. And, lesson learned again- women need their girlfriends!

Peggy Carter Niece, Underground: The Julian Assange Story, Chase Hudson, Alvor Weather Bbc, UPSC Age Limit, Jared Leto Tron, Nanosonics Careers, How Many Languages In Nigeria, The White Nile Book, Cameroon Customs Tariff Book Pdf, Gypsy Origin, Nature Day Japan, Damian Lillard Wife Instagram, Funny Quotes About Love And Relationships, Alert Messaging, Hulu Agent Carter, Arcimoto Future, Rba Minutes Of Monetary Policy Meeting, Wisconsin Dmv License Status, Dreamgirls Musical London, Japanese Boy Names, There Meaning In Tamil, Portuguese Conversation, Bts Age Gap, Axa UK, Herschel Walker College Stats, Successful Thought, Kenya Airways Review Safety 2018, Nsw Premier Cricket, Dataset Csv, Armenia Flag Meaning, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Public Enemy, Big Bluestem Grass Pictures, Curt Casali, Fbd Home Insurance, Watch Night At The Museum Putlockers, Celebrate Good Times Meme, Chris Davis Contract Per Year, Helena Chemical Company Products, Slovakia Weather Averages, 3d Hollywood Movies, Suncorp Careers, Dj Walking Dead Season 9, Barbara Dickson - Another Suitcase In Another Hall, Weird Types Of Photography, Pickup Man Lyrics, Shady Grove Fertility Interview,