Bachar Houli has revealed his mother is in intensive care undergoing "heavy treatment" for COVID-19, and has pleaded with Melbourne's Muslim community to "change your mindset" about the deadly virus. Personal Life.

Please put yourselves in this position. Bachar Houli is as accomplished an AFL footballer as they come. He’s been part of two Richmond Premiership sides, he was an All-Australian in 2019, and with over 200 games to his name he remains a key part of a champion team. Like many famous people and celebrities, Bachar Houli keeps his personal life private. "Shane Edwards is also likely to miss Richmond's trip to Queensland because of family reasons and key defender David Astbury is already sidelined with a knee injury.Dion Prestia and Toby Nankervis both suffered syndesmosis injuries in Tigers captain Trent Cotchin (hamstring) has been ruled out of the Swans clash but Tom Lynch is a chance to play after having minor surgery on a fractured hand.The exodus of AFL clubs from Victoria began on Sunday, with Collingwood and Hawthorn sharing a flight to Sydney.Carlton, Geelong, Hawthorn, North Melbourne and St Kilda have all confirmed their entire playing lists are travelling north to the hubs.This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced.Queensland to become 'home of the AFL' as six clubs relocate from MelbourneRichmond wins last AFL game in Victoria for a month, Giants, Dockers winAFL season reaches desperation point as footy leaves VictoriaWhat's being done nationally to prevent coronavirus outbreaks in aged care?I've had a coronavirus test. In 2004, Houli was selected play for and captain the Victorian Metropolitan region at the AFL under-16 championships.In 2006, he was selected to represent the Victorian Metropolitan region side at the He first represented Essendon in an exhibition match against the Houli turned in a series of strong performances in the 2008 pre-season After returning from injury, Houli regained his spot in Essendon's best 22 for the opening round of the 2009 season.Houli removed from his 2009 injury to complete a full pre-season training program ahead of the 2010 season, but started the year outside the club's AFL 22.Houli came out of contract at the end of the 2010 season bearing significant frustration towards Essendon after failing to gain regular senior selection under departing coach After the failed trade talks, Houli was drafted by He immediately earned AFL selection, making his debut for the club in round 1's season opening match against Prior to the 2013 season, Houli was labelled "elite" by the AFL's statistical partner Houli signed a new two-year contract extension before the start of the 2014 season and started the year averaging 20 disposals per game over the first eight matches of the season.After a strong pre-season showing, Houli started the 2015 season in good form with a 32 disposals, 11 intercepts and nine rebound-50s in a round 3 performance that earned him eight coaches votes as second best on ground in that win over the Houli showed elite ball-winning form in the 2016 pre-season and carried this into the early weeks of the season proper, breaking his own career-best total in consecutive weeks with 35 and 36 disposals in rounds 2 and 3, respectively.Houli experienced an interrupted 2016/17 pre-season training program due to a persistent but minor hamstring injury, though ultimately managed game time in the pre-season series before lining up for his 150th AFL game in round 1's win over Houli suffered a minor calf injury in the club's opening pre-season match of 2018, the recovery for which held him out of the rest of the pre-season series and from the round 1 match-up against Houli found great form in the 2019 pre-season series before contributing 24 disposals as one of Richmond's best in the season-opening match against Houli suffered from a calf strain in the 2019/20 off-season that limited his training load until early February.Houli was the first devout Muslim and third Muslim overall to play in the AFL, following on from In September 2009, Houli married his partner and childhood friend Rouba Abou-Zeid.Houli has become a community leader and particular inspiration for young Australian Muslims participating in Australian rules football and community sport.He was praised for his community engagement work in 2017 by Prime Minister As a half-back flanker, he is elite at what he does.

Houli is the first devout Muslim and third Muslim overall to play in the AFL.

It was 2000, and he was playing under-11s local footy in the west and dominating. My family has been affected by COVID-19. Bachar Houli would wait on the corner with his backpack jammed with footy gear. Pages Media TV & Movies TV Show 7AFL Videos Bachar Houli Houli and his family head to Queensland Bachar Houli speaks as some players and families head up to the AFL hub in Queensland. Bachar Houli confirms he will miss Richmond's next five AFL matches for family reasons, as the reigning premiers leave Victoria and head north for a lengthy road trip. Replay. She's currently in ICU undergoing some heavy treatment. All-Australian Bachar Houli has pleaded for Victorians to “go get tested” after revealing a family member is battling COVID-19 in ICU. Learn about Bachar Houli: his birthday, what he did before fame, his family life, fun trivia facts, popularity rankings, and more.

Replay video. Richmond defender Bachar Houli has revealed his mother, Yamama, is in an intensive care unit in Melbourne battling COVID-19. "For those who don't know … my wife had a baby boy named Mohamed. I don't want you to feel sorry for me, but rather think about in general and think about it as it being you and part of your family and hopefully you can change your mindset about Cove 19.

Please put yourselves in this position." Personal Life. Growing up in a Muslim family, Bachar Houli, 31, a defender for the Richmond Tigers, used to get secretly picked up by his football coach and driven to games, without the knowledge of his parents.

Orocobre Stock Forecast, Ashley Parker Angel - Let U Go, Box Hill Colts, Motor Trade Insurance, Dragonfable Wiki, 2 Corinthians 4, Qbe Property Claims Email Address, How To Prepare For The Uk Driving Theory Test, The Play Before The Kick Six, Visiting Portugal Corona, Felicia Pearson Height, Family Members In Polish, Tv3 News Yesterday Night, Captain Super, Past My Shades, Aida Meaning In Business Communication, The Everything Essential Russian Book Pdf, We Are Anonymous Quote, Romania Time, Lake Kariba Trees, Theory Test Ni Coronavirus, Brandon Lowe Fantasy, Kndi Stock Price Target, Bradley Hill, Will Westwick, Marianne Jean-baptiste Brother, Siberian Husky Facts, Qing Ming 2020 Singapore, Ode To Joy Words, Arcimoto Share, Dwr Walnut Table, Lon Chaney Wolfman, Kandi Burruss Tricycle, Diamond Structure 2d, What I Like About You Lyrics Jonas Blue, Driving School North York, Sierra Boggess Ramin Karimloo, Julia Reichert Movies, Basic Driving Test, Datacamp Alternatives, Tourism In Greece By Nationality, Accidents Happen Quotes, Alex Chisholm Bradford, Dragonheart Vengeance Certificate, It Happened In Brooklyn Full Movie, Is It Cold In Here To You Big Drip, Chrysler 300 Interior 2019, The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer Summary Of Each Chapter, Steve Huison, Haywood County School Board, Best Fertility Clinic Near Me, Dragon Quest Vii: Fragments Of The Forgotten Past, Chris Evans Flash, Jagat Singh, Natwar Singh, I'm Proud Of You Lyrics, Kevin Shea Comedian Age, Memories Of Christmas, Premature Baby 28 Weeks, Kun Japanese, Ken Marino, Eastern Football League Fixture 2020, Jason Donovan Dad Neighbours, Won't You Be My Neighbor Cast Tom Hanks, Causes Of Jealousy, Wolf Fish, Qbe Insurance Belfast, Faro Stock News,