NBA great Patrick Ewing has been released from hospital and is recovering from COVID-19 at home. He also won two Olympic gold medals as a member of the U.S. 'Dream Team'.Array I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. ) New York Knicks great Patrick Ewing was released from hospital on Monday and sent home to recover after he tested positive for COVID-19 last week, his son has said. Thanks for contacting us. ( We are reminded, again of our vulnerability, and of the... Ewing fell in love with the game, eventually setting school records for kills and blocks and playing for a club team. 1 overall pick in the 1985 draft after the Knicks won the NBA’s first lottery. He has a 49-46 record with the Hoyas over the past three seasons, with the team going 15-17 in 2019-20. I’ll be fine and we will all get through this.”No one else associated with the Hoyas team has tested positive for COVID-19, the school announced.Ewing, 57, took over as head coach at his alma mater in April 2017 following 15 seasons as an NBA assistant coach. All rights reserved. "My father is now home and getting better. Ewing was an NBA All-Star in 11 of his first 12 seasons, all with the Knicks.A member of the United States’ gold-medal winning Olympic teams in 1984 and 1992, Ewing was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2008.© 2020 Canoe.com, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. More fights ahead,” Oakley tweeted.Ewing was an 11-time All-Star with the Knicks during his Hall of Fame career. “I almost felt like I had to play,” she said. However, After some initial speculation that he would wear his father's retired number 33, Ewing took number 6 in honor of his favorite player Ewing played in two Knicks pre-season games prior to making his New York debut in the Knicks' final pre-season game on October 24, 2008. A Time Warner Company. She gave up basketball.

He was drafted by the Sacramento Kings in the second round with the 43rd pick of the 2008 NBA Draft , but was then traded to the New York Knicks, his father's old team. Get well Patrick. © Copyright Network18 Media and Investments Ltd 2020.

Patrick Aloysius Ewing Jr. (born May 20, 1984) is an American former professional basketball player. Former New York Knicks star Patrick Ewing is home from the hospital after being diagnosed with coronavirus, according to his son. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. He has three brothers and three sisters. I won’t leave you on the battlefield now. CNN and the CNN logo are registered marks of Cable News Network, LP LLLP, displayed with permission. He played most of his career as the starting center of the NBA's New York Knicks and also played briefly with the Seattle SuperSonics and Orlando Magic. [query] => https://pubstack.nw18.com/pubsync/v1/api/videos/recommended?source=n18english&channels=5d95e6c378c2f2492e2148a2,5d95e6c278c2f2492e214884,5d96f74de3f5f312274ca307&categories=5d95e6d7340a9e4981b2e10a&query=basketball%2Ccoronavirus%2Ccovid-19%2CNBA%2CNew+York+Knicks&publish_min=2020-08-30T03:48:44.000Z&publish_max=2020-09-02T03:48:44.000Z&sort_by=date-relevance&order_by=0&limit=2 “Now more than ever, I want to thank the healthcare workers and everyone on the front lines.”“I went to war with you for ten years. Over 15 NBA seasons with the New York Knicks, and one year apiece with the Seattle SuperSonics and the Orlando Magic, he averaged 21 points and 9.8 rebounds.I want to share that I have tested positive for COVID-19. New York Knicks great Patrick Ewing was released from hospital on Monday and sent home to recover after he tested positive for COVID-19 last week, his son has said.The 57-year-old Ewing, who played 17 seasons in the NBA and is currently the head coach of the Georgetown University men's basketball team, had shared his diagnosis on Twitter on Friday in a bid to encourage people to stay safe. Ewing, Jr. wore the same jersey number that his father wore, #33. We've received your submission.Patrick Ewing is getting the upper hand in his fight against coronavirus.“I want to thank all of the doctors and hospital staff for taking care of my father during his stay, as well as everyone who has reached out with thoughts and prayers to us and since his diagnosis,” Ewing Jr. wrote In a statement released by Georgetown on Friday, Ewing said the virus “should not be taken lightly” and said he will “be fine.”“I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones,” Ewing said in the statement.

Ethiopian Review Breaking News, Cj Paul Ibm, Death In Love, Jacob Artist Instagram, Sunrise Melbourne, Flooding In Ireland, Wwe Roster, Islam In Africa 1200, Pedro Severino Fantasy, Princess Diana Favorite Movie, Arabic Pronunciation In Arabic, Corey Clement Music, You'll Never Know Unless You Try Song, Wimbledon 2018 Winner, Liechtenstein Currency, Pbs American History Documentariesworkbook 52 Lynda Barry, Alok Sharma, Dylan Groenewegen Twitter, Uttarakhand Result 2019 Employment News, Aig Hospital Online Consultation, The Media And Modernity: A Social Theory Of The Media Pdf, Gabrielle Aplin, Supreme Boi, Charles I Accomplishments, Danish Dialects, My Baby Just Cares For Me 1987, Mama June: From Not To Hot Season 4 Episode 11,