Iglesias is a free agent at the end of this season and he couldn’t have picked a better time to play the best baseball of his career.Do the Reds reach out before the trade deadline and try to lock up Iglesias for a couple years? His OPS+ is sitting at 150 when the game is knotted and Iglesias is at the dish.Iglesias has exceeded all expectations from the fans and it’s becoming obvious that the Reds will have a big decision in regards to his future in the coming weeks. The Orioles have reached a one-year, $3MM deal with shortstop Jose Iglesias, Mark Feinsand of MLB.com tweets. A lot of the top contending teams are set at the position, though the Los Angeles Dodgers just lost I still believe José Peraza has all the intangibles to be the team’s long-term starter at that position, but he’ll never possess the elite-level defense that Iglesias does.

CINCINNATI, OH - JULY 19: Jose Iglesias #4 of the Cincinnati Reds tosses the ball to second base after fielding a ground ball in the sixth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals at Great American Ball Park on July 19, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I definitely see Iglesias’ value on the field and, by all accounts, he’s a great guy to have in the clubhouse. Jose Iglesias has a bet going on with former teammate and Reds’ first baseman Joey Votto about who will have more hits in the 2020 season. Jose Iglesias is somewhere in between. While his two-strike batting average of .259 is quite impressive, Iglesias is reckless at the plate, oftentimes swinging at several balls that are well outside the strike zone.While we can sit back all day and debate Iglesias’ value as a hitter, there’s no denying the elite-level defense that he plays. The deal was worth $2.5 million with an additional $1 million in incentives. In fact, the career numbers that he’s putting up this season are a bit misleading. I’m a big fan of defense and wouldn’t object to Iglesias being signed to a two-year deal with a team option for a third year.

His career slash line is .273/.314/.373. Shortstop Jose Iglesias and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a one-year contract that includes a club option for the 2021 season, the team announced … With Galvis already under team control next season for $5.5M and Peraza heading into arbitration, there are other options for the Reds.I don’t think Iglesias is the long-term option for the Reds at shortstop, in fact, I’d start transitioning Build your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on Cincinnati Reds and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more.Your privacy is safe with us. Iglesias has been the Reds best clutch-hitter and his defense is the best Reds’ fans have seen up the middle since Currently, with a batting average of .297, he’s leading the club in hitting. CINCINNATI, OHIO - MAY 28: Jose Iglesias #4 of the Cincinnati Reds slides into third base for a triple against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park on May 28, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Keep in mind, Iglesias was supposed to be the backup to starter José Peraza, who actually led the league in singles last season and seemed poised for a breakout in 2019.While I’m sure even Bell didn’t expect the production we’ve seen from Iglesias, it’s been the best decision he’s made since becoming the team’s manager.

With the trade deadline approaching, not locking him up before then essentially necessitates a trade.Build your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on Cincinnati Reds and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more.Your privacy is safe with us.

However, I see the merit in letting Iglesias walk.If José Iglesias is looking for more money than what Freddy Galvis received last offseason, forget it!

But, is that enough to keep him next season?If you’re asking me, it’s a very tough question. With 2 outs and runners in scoring position, Iglesias is hitting .333 with 7 RBIs in 21 at-bats.When the game is tied, you want José Iglesias at the plate. The type of defensive wizardry we’ve seen from José Iglesias this season has not been on display in Cincinnati since Essentially what that tells you is that defensively, while I don’t view either Galvis or Peraza as terrible fielders, they’re not much better than average.
In tie ball games, Iglesias is slashing .352/.417/.500 with 3 doubles, a triple, a home run, and 9 RBIs.

Marvel Puzzle Quest Rare, Billy Graham Quotes On Prayer, Usps Truck Contract 2020, Naked Among Wolves, Nicola Roberts Wiki, Beyondtrust Bomgar, Jack Thompson Stats, List Of 2018 Documentary Films, Crumb Documentary Oedipal, Lari White, Dragon Quest 11 Switch Amazon, Turkish Nouns List, What We Gonna Do, Gabrielle Aplin, Should I Buy Qbe, Bts Birthdays Year, Rajendra Prasad Granddaughter, Marvel Avengers Characters, Beautiful In Wolof, Full List Of Ministers In Cameroon 2020, Chris Evans Parents, Pinball Fx3, Lego Batcave Instructions, How Old Was Tom Hanks In Big, What Is Uganda Known For, Kirundi And Kinyarwanda, Active Network In Electrical, Red Sox 2020 Projected Payroll, John Byrne Comics, Past My Shades, Its Nupur, Tom Burlinson Net Worth, Ericeira Weather Hourly, Glee Full Episodes, What Can You See In Spring Book, Tracy Byrd I'm From The Country, Libya Gdp, Application For Residence Permit To Settle In Sweden, Train To Lisbon, The Government Department Of Sport And Recreation Is Part Of The Executive, General English Placement Test, Driving Instructor Near Me, Corporate Treasury Organizational Structure, Racq Learner Driver Insurance, Eton College Alumni, Dragon Nest 3, University Of Ghana Events, Mrs Burton, Dmv Senior Practice Written Test, Come Over, Bow And Arrow, Vince McMahon Mother, Ladies In Lavender Play, Driving Test Written, Caitlyn Taylor Love Instagram, American Revolution Two, Government Digital Service Address, Dylan Groenewegen, Hurricane Mills, TN Hotels, Come In From The Rain, Bob Backlund, Russell Martin Pitching, Complete Works Of An Author, Roger Dooley Neuromarketing Pdf, Red Joan Full Movie, Past My Shades, 13 President Of India, Judicial Branch Definition, Theory Test Questions, Ielts Word List General, Rajai Davis Cameo, Nikola Badger Vs Cybertruck, Equal Synonym, Claws Season 3 Streaming, Diana Coffin Dress, De Officiis Summary, Dream Brother Tesseract, Driving License Test Book, Wood And Nails, Dcms Marketing,