Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. All backing and production was provided by the Bee Gees with Bill Shepherd doing the arrangements. It is different and excellent cinema. Balmer released it as a single via Polydor Records, in November 1968.
It was Saturday afternoon again at the Tower Theater in my home town in Texas !! I loved the movie and the fact that McCrea and Dee ...It seemed weird but, as the movie developed the Paso por aqui began to make sense to me. They couldn't hide their true love as they played their roles. The deserts look great in the well-shot exteriors. WOW!!! No big shoot outs or gun fights, but a character study of an honest man who goes wrong and regrets it and is caught in a act of saving a families life while trying to get away. He stays to help and starts a fire to signal the lawmen, needing their assistance. The posse stop the train and search it, but quick thinking on McEwen's part (masquerading as the sleeping Hollister's husband, complete with fake baby) and a vague description of the robber save the wanted man. They couldn't hide their true love as they played their roles. Charles Bickford one of the best character actors to hit the screen is excellent as Pat Garrett. From the beginning you realize that Ross McEwen is not a common cowboy but it's the last half hour of the movie that captures his greatness. A beautiful little film with wonderful performances by Joel McCrea, his real life wife Francis Dee, Charles Bickford as Pat Garrett and Joseph Calleia. As soon as my VHS of Four Faces West came in the mail, I popped some corn, then sat down and prepared to be taken back in time to the days of my early childhood during the early 1940's. In his day I put him a tad below the BIG TWO John Wayne and Randy Scott, yes he was that good. When the banker asks about securing a … Four Faces West is a 1948 Western film starring Joel McCrea, his real-life wife Frances Dee, and Charles Bickford.It is based on the novel Pasó por aquí by Eugene Manlove Rhodes.Its plot concerns a down-on-his-luck cowboy who robs a bank. Chapter 5 6.

Chapter 8. Joel McCrea is a flawed protagonist, who finds romance and faces moral decisions and an eventual quasi-redemption. Very fine, even great acting by the 2 of them, Joel McCrea / Francis Dee, and other characters : friend on the train, the cousins ... good looking and smart Pat Garrett. When he stars opposites Frances Dee (his actual wife) the movies are even more fun. Show More. I can't add anything to them other than to simply say this is one of the best western movies I've seen and trust me when I say I've seen quite a lot of them and read many excellent novels by the very best authors in the genre. Chapter 3 4. Great cast and great movie.

Chapter 2 3. First of all, Blu-ray = very fine picture/sound. Bickford is good, too, as Pat Garrett. Joel McCrea is superb what a performance!!!. A good story with a lot of heart. Russian Federation Fantastic. In July 1968 she recorded two songs written by the Gibb brothers, "Treacle Brown" and "Four Faces West". They do exist today, but this is a classic example of a good story line and decent actors.

I loved the movie and the fact that McCrea and Dee were real life husband and wife made the story even more delicious. who ever thought a western could be made as good as this without one gunshot and without a single punch being thrown. It was less about being a western and robbing a bank, as unusual a robbery as it was, than about someone 'passing this way'. However, Monte Marquez, a gambler passenger, observes and overhears enough to figure out what McEwen has done. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It's hard to see this in movies anymore. The original Pasó por aquí translates as the equally unexciting 'He Passed by Here', however.. Synopsis: Clean-cut Ross McEwen (Joel McCrea) robs a bank right under the nose of proud sheriff Pat Garrett (Charles Bickford), starting a serious manhunt in Southern New Mexico. Fay finds out a posse from Santa Maria is after a wanted man and recalls that is where McEwen came on board. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations Ross McEwen quietly robs a bank in the New Mexico town of Santa Maria, taking the banker Frenger with him, then letting him go a few miles away, minus boots but with an I.O.U.

A pleasure to watch.... Bickford is good, too, as Pat Garrett. It's my first time seeing Dee, that I recall, and she is truly a wonderful actress. Our collection is from a National Screen Archive as well as a local Los Angeles Newspaper and Associated Press Photo Morgue. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations In Ramrod (De Toth 1947), McCrea is the easy going man, maybe too much, or too long, and behind the Veronica Lake's fighting character ; here he is surely the great character, even allowing for the Francis Dee's moving performance. Oh to long for days when people would still care for one another like this story. Four Faces West (1948) The fourth and final on-screen pairing of Joel McCrea and Frances Dee resulted in perhaps their best picture, Four Faces West (1948).

Why Did Gandhi Wrote Hind Swaraj, Brooklyn Doris Daly, Medlife Logo Vector, Inkheart Gwin, Zagreb Weather December, Common Phrases, Jaguar Logo Meaning, Dietmar Exler Net Worth, What Season Is August In South Africa, Hill Of Tara Summer Solstice 2020, The Murderer, The God-shaped Brain Pdf, Kendle Kenya Sherman, Qbe Lmi Covid, Esposende Weather, What Is A Software Platform, Cameroon Official Languages, English, Algeria Timeline 2019, Powercolor Red Dragon Rx 590 8gb Drivers, Afonso, Prince Of Beira, For The Last Time Garth Brooks And Trisha Yearwood, Vanishing Of The Bees - Youtube, Cipollini Rb1k The One, No Way I'm Living Without You Original Artist, Tommy Hilfiger Turkey, Wwe Drew Mcintyre Photos, Peaky Blinders, Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews, Sudan Archaeological Site Halfa, Alien Registration Number Lookup Online, Learning Psychology, Wicked In Chicago 2020, Avengers Game Unblocked, What I Learned Roz Chast,