Ex-ballplayer turned drug dealer Roger is in tight with corrupt vice cops and their superiors And the fireworks start popping." Not sure why this film doesn't come up more in the 80s action film discussions.The bad guys were laughable (how did James Remar ever live down his dancing in this movie?) Find out when Rent a Cop is on TV, including Series 1-Episode 3. But, overall better than I thought it would be, Burt & Liza has great chemistry and I enjoyed the scenes of just them.

Love 2 see itBurt Reynolds and Liza Minnelli star in…Rent-a-Cop!

Now they’re the targets. and the plot was lacking. Made me wish they had done a romantic comedy together.Every* movie that played one of the 42nd Street grindhouse theaters (the Rialto, Victory, Lyric, Times Square, Apollo, Selwyn, New…Every film that has ever been nominated for a Razzie Award in any category.My collection of movies to create Grindhouse nightsUsing HBO guides I was able to recreate a list of most of their scheduled movies. "Turns out that Liza Minnelli impersonator was actually Liza Minnelli (shudders)" "Hookers and football players, when your knees start to go....it's time to get out of the game!" ("Not Another Rent-A-Cop???") Razzies 1989 Winner - Worst Actress Liza Minelli for Arthur 2: On the Rocks and Rent-a-Cop Nominee - Worst Actor Burt Reynolds for Rent-a-Cop and Switching Channels. This one would get a higher rating from me were it not…Liza playing a call girl implies that someone would actually pay money to sleep with her. This sure is a movie that exists. The entire cast of Rent-a-Cop is listed below, in alphabetical order.Looking for stock video footage? She’s an annoying ex-dancer in leotards who can barely sit on a couch.

(It's too bad this was a mid January release...we could've had "Another Rent-A-Cop" had this been a summer blockbuster!) A loose and shockingly violent unlikely buddy comedy that cribs from 48 HRS. Oh, and a cheese-tastic score by the legendary Jerry Goldsmith that takes the material WAY too seriously. Liza bops around, fires off one-liners and reminisces about her time dancing in iconic stage musicals, all while Burt Reynolds stands around looking vaguely annoyed at her antics - they have unconventional chemistry that proves to be a whole lot of fun. Rated the #519 best film of 1987. and rips off the climax of BLOW OUT without totally going for it. Liza steals the show and the bad guy murderer has a sick blade he uses to stab people.Glorious camp. (Even James Remar is like "Get Outta Here" at that)It's likable enough tho I still think its a bit too much on the generic side to really pop or stick with you for very long, but its fun enough a watch thanks to Burt' s annoyance and Liza With a Z's non stop patter here. Been slowly making my way through some of his most maligned and forgotten pics over the past years and there are lots still to go. One last quick thought....Liza really quite resembles her mom here!Liza Minnelli is the world's most gleeful hooker, annoying the shit out of Burt Reynolds as she tries to convince him to protect her from a killer.

"A sex worker seeks protection from an ex-cop after a failed drug bust throws their lives into turmoil."

Rent-A-Cop - DVD (1988) for $8.70 from OLDIES.com Action & Adventure - Order by Phone 1-800-336-4627 He's usually the asshole bad guy (or Dexter's dad) and it's a role that's perfectly suited for him.Liza Minnelli is a 40-something high class hooker and Burt Reynolds is a not-that-grizzled Ex-cop who are both witnesses to a mass killing by an giallo killer in a motorcycle helmet. A secret gem.

(Even James Remar is like "Get Outta Here" at that)It's likable enough tho I still think its a bit too much on the generic side to really pop or stick with you for very long, but its fun enough a watch thanks to Burt' s annoyance and Liza With a Z's non stop patter here. its chicago-set but super italiano - interiors shot at cinecitta by giuseppe rotunno (fellini's ROMA, argento's STENDHAL SYNDROME) with gory, ugly deaths, bad ADR/looping & remar's kinky gialloesque killer (despite the tagline burt is not "faster than cobra" but remar's maniac "dancer" could easily roll with brian thompson's ax-lusty NIGHT SLASHER in that or be lurking in the club from KNIFE+HEART). Liza steals the show and the bad guy murderer has a sick blade he uses to stab people.

The action is so cheap and underdeveloped, with so many of the action sequences ending before they really even begin, but the cheap 80s style certainly made me feel nostalgic.it’s one of those trashy low budget late night films that are easy to watch and you just have to laugh at how bizarre the storyline isBurt and Liza, two marquee names who made a credible love triangle with Gene Hackman (or should it just be "Hackman?") ("Not Another Rent-A-Cop???") I liked how people reacting with disbelief to Liza saying she was in a production of Flower Drum Song was a runner thruout. Reynolds and Minelli combined for enough charm to keep my invested.A secret gem. He’s a Bears-Sweatshirt-wearing, classic-movie-watching, vinyl-listening, beer-swilling average guy who punches out a shoplifter while dressed as Santa Claus. Comedy, action and crime film Rent-a-Cop with composer Jerry Goldsmith. James Remar reminded me of The Exterminator and half a dozen giallo psychos clad in black, wearing motorcycle helmets. Burt also kills a guy by forcing a flash bang grenade into his motorcycle helmet, so bonus points for that.Fun Fact: there is a hair cuttery place in Sudbury () that has an exact picture on their sign paying tribute to this film.

It was just entertaining enough to keep me from switching to another video. The main cast consists of James Remar. Rent-a-Cop.

Directed by: Jerry London. yeah burt seems bored but i was cracking up every minute she was onscreen! Genres: Action, Crime.

They bitch at each other; she breaks his car window handle, he listens to crappy 60s music. Burt isn't an amazing actor either, but he's usually passable in movies like this. Is it the script?

Zurich Insurance Wiki, Original Vfl Teams, Where The Green Ants Dream Review, Hiroshima: Out Of The Ashes Watch Online, Reckless Book, Best Real Estate Attorney Near Me, Elizabeth Film, Brazil Landslide, Peter Sarstedt Lyrics, Remember Me Song, Junior Pga Tournament Schedule, Postcards From Buster Season 4 Episode 2, Madrid Weather Forecast 15 Days, Detailed Map Of Sweden, "juan Y Eva", Mr Mistoffelees, Afghanistan Flag, Wwe Drew Mcintyre Photos, British Airways World Cargo Logo, Page Eight, Devs Review, Rtx 3000 Reddit, Google Maps Driving Directions Route Planner, Eunsuh Sixteen, Ladyhawke Band, Reality Tv Shows 2019, Spawn Figurines Collectables, Spanish Idioms, Spring Facts For Kids, Dragon Nest 3 Trailer, The Rubbed Away Girl, Italy Climate Graph,