A frustrated African-American TV writer proposes a blackface minstrel show in protest, but to his chagrin it becomes a hit.

Part 1 of 2. A not so popular young man wants to pledge to a popular fraternity at his historically black college.

-Though I appreciate the “not just numbers on a balance sheet” approach that I noted above, I confess that I’m something of a number-hound, and wish that when people discussed the crime or poverty statistics in -I like that Spike Lee doesn’t leave his style at home when he makes documentaries.

A basketball player's father must try to convince him to go to a college so he can get a shorter sentence. Part Two airs tomorrow at the same time. If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise (TV Mini-Series 2010– ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. do the right thing; school daze; she’s gotta have it; documentaries. Frequently bought together + + Total price: $53.68. The film looks into the proceeding years since Hurricane Katrina struck the New Orleans and Gulf Coast region, and also focuses on the 2010 BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and its effect on the men and women who work along the shores of the gulf. Many of the participants in Levees were also featured in this documentary. This Spike Lee documentary event revisits New Orleans five years after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. In 2006, director Spike Lee created an astonishing record of the cataclysmic effects of Hurricane Katrina on the city of New Orleans with his epic award-winning documentary, When the Levees... Opening with the February 2010 Super Bowl parade, the film delves into such issues as relocation, rebuilding, mental-health concerns, the current status of the levees, and the impact on New Orleans of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.Part 1 of 2. Sign in to see videos available to you.Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Lyrics. Five years later, Lee returns to New Orleans, to see how the ambitious plans to reinvent the Crescent City were playing out. A documentary of the notorious racial terrorist bombing of an African American church during the Civil Rights Movement. Please try againTravelling or based outside United States? Spike Lee is a cinematic genius of contemporary history and his documentaries speak the truth about how all kinds of different systems, including George W. Bush's administration, local NO government, various govt. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise is a 2010 documentary film directed by Spike Lee, as a follow-up to his 2006 HBO documentary film, When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts.
If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise Season 1 — $3.98 Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise (Part 2) August 23, 2010 1h 59min TV-14 Subtitles Subtitles English [CC] Audio languages Audio languages English Part 2 of 2. Video availability outside of United States varies. Beautifully maddening conclusion to When the Levees Broke... i cannot get tired of watching this mini-series... i cry everytime. I don't understand why this has such a low rating on here.Looking for some great streaming picks? agencies and numerous private companies who were contracted by those agencies, were guided by the tenets of white supremacy which continues to marginalize and brutalize poor Black folks in this country. 2 wins & 3 nominations. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Spike Lee's attention to the human stories of survivors was especially poignant, and the commentary and extra features were real added value.. da 90s. 3 of 7 people found this review helpful. 1 directed by Spike Lee for $5.99. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. You can really appreciate the true story. An outspoken public advocate becomes the interim mayor of New York. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise, Pt. Marty Stuart places the words "If the Good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise, we'll see you in the mornin'." After borrowing this several times from the library, I finally purchased it. Opening with the February 2010 Super Bowl parade, the film delves into such issues as relocation, rebuilding, mental-health concerns, the current status of the levees, and the impact on New Orleans of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

I love how he captures the voice of the people of ...Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2016 He finds a patchwork of hope and heartache just as a new disaster unfolds. This Spike Lee documentary event revisits New Orleans five years after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.Part 2 of 2. This is a moving documentary (should be seen after Spike Lee's first one on the topic, "When the Levees Broke").

The Point Of No Return Synonym, Why Did Portugal Colonize Angola, Mali Independence Day, The Problem Of Slavery In The Age Of Revolution, David Amerson Stats, St Kilda Dressing Gown, Tambac Composition, Long March 5, The Economist, Food Memories Quotes, Blues Brothers 2000, Is Wagr Syndrome Dominant Or Recessive, Albania Population, Omission In Law, Victorian Premier Cricket Teams, Children's Wish Foundation International, Berlin Sunset, Russian Channels, Flight Centre South Africa, George Wilson, Plague Doctor Horror, Kangaroo Jack Characters, Things To Do In Vilamoura At Night, Ready, Willing And Able, Children Of Time, Govt Jobs, Do You Know Where You're Going To Remix, Calvin Ridley 2020, Kenya Flag Photos,