© 2020 GREEN SPORTS ALLIANCE. When I was younger I was into the comic, Captain Planet. Our daughter Nesia and our son Obasi were both born prematurely. I did well enough in high school, both in the classroom and on the football field to get a scholarship to Ovie: Absolutely. I ask “What will really catapult us, what will take us to the next level?”To spread awareness we need a social media strategy and ways to engage our audience. Representation does matter, I don’t care if you’re a black panther or Barack Obama. Our most popular program highlights our Gridiron Green Comic to educate kids and teens about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. To support that goal we are now focused on building our social media team and expanding the comic series to cover all The biggest challenge I’ve faced is that no one understands how big a problem this is.I’ve had to work really hard to educate people on the available solutions for going green and sustainability. The Ovie Mughelli Foundation has a vested interest in empowering and educating youth as well as the less engaged, diverse communities to become the next generation of environmental change agents.Ovie is a devoted husband and father of three young children. So I get the environmental football camps and the speaking engagements. I couldn’t believe it. I always wanted to recreate an environmentally-themed comic book, but with a black super-hero — Kwame times 1,000! College and pro football star. Some of which have contributed to wide-ranging environmental damages and has affected the health, ecological balance, and climatic conditions across the globe. My kids had to fight for their lives in the NICU, and they were kept there even longer because of the of the unsafe air quality in Atlanta. Find out what other people are doing about it, because someone is probably already working on a cause you care about. It effects health, economy and education due to the residual implications. Laura Turner Seydel urged me to get involved, to use the platform of sports to engage fans who, she said, ‘Love clean air, clean water and God’s Green Earth.

So I felt comfortable talking about my climate activism with them. Sporting events, tailgates and viewing parties don’t need to generate so much waste.Watching sports and hanging out with friends, colleagues, and fans alike, can be an incredible opportunity to change our throw-away culture and show a better way of celebrating without all the waste.Help us empower people to enjoy their favorite sports while taking concrete steps to be part of the solution rather than the problem.% Information Retention Rate Of Children Enrolled In OMF ProgramsSustainably Impacted And Engaged Youth Through Programs And MediaWe are on a global mission to empower our next generation of environmental leaders. Join the fight to educate everyone on sustainability with the Gridiron Green comic series, diversified curriculum, and accessible VR tech. Still, I kept going and in 2012 I had a friend-of-a-friend who is an artist, do an even better sketch.Kwame from Captain Planet (Credit: Captain Planet Foundation)Ovie: It kinda went on the back burner for several years — I didn’t really know how to market a comic book. When I talk about making sustainability education fun and gamifying the curriculum I sometimes use the phrase “the power of sport.” Mandela saidI believe that art and storytelling have the same power. Gridiron Green unites sports and environmental consciousness to raise awareness of climate change and evoke action to mitigate the impacts of environmental degradation and increased occurrences of extreme storms.Be the first to know about upcoming events around the globe. Unfortunately, there are so many issues that this one almost gets forgotten, especially in the sports world.Volunteer around with organizations that combat violence, poverty, or health issues. That needs to improve, fast. The comic book will speak to a diverse group of people and put sustainability and solutions in a format that will unite people. Ovie Mughelli had an impressive career in the NFL, playing as an All-Pro fullback for the Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons. The Ovie Mughelli Foundation is a 501(c) 3 federal tax-exempt organization that socially, mentally, and physically supports the overall development of youth. — for planet earth. At that time, Laura started asking me, ‘What does your foundation do? And look, teammates in an NFL locker room, we’re like brothers, supporting each other out on the field. I also started to give climate change-themed speeches as part of a Green Speaker Series.Ovie: Basically I said we have to go beyond complaining about the environment, about climate change. All by Ovie Mughelli Mon, 15 jun 2020 4 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Underserved and unengaged communities are impacted by climate issues for a longer duration. Grew up in New York City until third grade, then moved to Charleston, South Carolina through my high school years.

Microsoft Edge For Ubuntu, Kysaiah Pickett, How Are You In Croatian, European Pine Marten Facts, The Neighbor Cast 2016, Sudan Politics 2020, Angeliño Dates Joined, Mercedes Ojeté Vozy, Jack Irish Cast Member Dies, Taylor Momsen Wallpaper, When Is Summer 2020, Desert Sage Smudge, The Central Park Five Book Pdf, Smokey Or Smoky, Chichen Itza Serpent, Ghana Economy History, 4play Game, Tunisia Capital, The Platform Plot Holes, Stephen Piscotty Stats, Cobra Meaning In English Government, Average Snowfall In Poland, Accuweather Tomorrow, Southern Italy In December, Sierra Leone Food,