Tuesday, September 1, 2020

I learned way more about African history in just one book than all of my years in elementary school all the way up through university combined!Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.© Dr. Y. and www.afrolegends.com, [2009-2020]. Diop was a historian, anthropologist, physicist, and politician who studied the human race’s origins and pre-colonial African culture. Raul da Gama - Apr 1, 2019. 1556520727 The author addresses the extent to which this history has been manipulated and whitewashed by western historians and archaeologists. Publication date 1974 Topics Blacks -- Egypt, Black race -- History, Noirs -- Égypte, Race noire -- Histoire, Black race, Blacks, Civilization, Entstehung, Zivilisation, Cultuur, Oorsprong, Negers, Egypt -- Civilization -- To 332 B.C, Égypte -- Civilisation -- Jusqu'à 332 av. This technique is used today by Forensic investigators around the world, to determine the “racial identity” of badly burnt accident victims.Please watch one of the greatest African thinkers of the 20th century, and above all one of Africa’s greatest sons (… and renowned physicist). Welcome back.

Honestly would've rated it a 2.

Though Diop is sometimes referred to as an Diop did his most significant work under the tutelege of Professor Frédéric Joliot in Paris. Leaves no doubt about the black origins of humanity. Egyptians and ancient writers wrote that Egyptians originated from “the south”, or were at least related to those from the south.

Cheikh Anta Diop (1923-1986) was an Afrocentric historian, anthropologist, physicist and politician who studied the human race’s origins and pre-colonial African culture from Senegal. He should be considered as one of the greatest scientists after Darwin, as he demonstrated that Africa was the cradle of humanity; that everything started in Africa, and that Egypt and modern day Africans descended from the same ancestors, in other words, were the … Every person of African descent should read this book. What struck me as most interesting were the claims of ancient Egypt springing from black Africa versus the claims that it could not have sprung from black Africa.

Diop is very thorough with facts & the picture he paints is clear. Cheikh Anta Diop was a great Senegalese historian, anthropologist, philosopher, physicist and politician. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of Sometimes, life just gets in the way...Herodotus also spoke of Ethiopia as especially black, foreign to all the rest of the Mediterranean. Diop dedicated a book about the IFAN radiocarbon laboratory “to the memory of my former professor Frédéric Joliot who welcomed me into his laboratory at the College de France.” Homo sapiens began in Africa and began as black people. Thank you for visiting my blog, and posting a comment on this great man.Here are the books I read from Pr. It is a definitive work without a doubtif there is a bible of african history this is genesisThe author argues that the ancient Egyptians (Anu) were Negroes.

His tone comes across as angry at times but his facts and analyses are impeccable. July 1st 1989 Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. 15261.

In the spirit of the fact that #EverydayIsBlackHistory we’d like to continue to remember the pioneering work done by the great Cheikh Anta Diop, who was born in Dakar on the 29th of December 1923 and died on the 7th of February 1986.

Sometimes it's interesting to go back and look at those book just to how much influence such reading has on you...Wonderful it is to have an alternate, truer picture of African people. It was as black people that they spread over Asia and Europe, taking the place of the Neanderthals. After 1960, Diop went back to Senegal and continued his research and political career.

there's so much history that we don't know...so much that has been denied, disrespected, and removed in relation to Africa. i'm looking forward to checking out some of the sources Diop cited in his arguments. Sorry it took so long to read. You have to constantly think and check out the references, which makes it very insightful in my opinion.One the best sources of research for anyone interested in refuting the predominate position that Africa contributed little to the world. A bas-relief from the 18th Dynasty (16th century BC) depicts the order of races known to the Egyptians: Egyptians, Nahasi (Blacks), Namou (Asian), and Tamhou (tattooed whites). © 2013-2020 Toronto Cultural Media Network Cheikh Anta Diop: The African Origin of Civilization Myth and Reality

Cheikh Anta Diop. This was not an easy read but I am so glad I saw this one through until the end. Their gods Osiris and Isis were depicted as black.

He doesn't shy away from criticism or from acknowledging that some gaps need to be filled in. 1. )—when we say all that we are merely expressing the plain unvarnished truth that no one today can refute by arguments worthy of the name.”“Only a loyal, determined struggle to destroy cultural aggression and bring out the truth, whatever it may be, is revolutionary and consonant with real progress; it is the only approach which opens on to the universal. It argues that Ancient Egypt was largely Black African in race and culture during the first 2,000 years of its civilization.. Diop’s model goes like this: Quite amazing and indisputable along with the research and documentation of Dr. Diop, as well as other scholars such as Dr. Henrik Clarke,and a personal favorite Rev Ray Hagins who reminds me that God is the Sun the only Omnipotent,Most Brilliant, The Highest Star , wakes us up every morning,starts our day, will never leave us or forsake us,is there for everyone to enjoy, and we worship it without thining about it, the Sun however has kissed the Black race only and that is evidence enough for us to know who earths rightful rulers are with the most melanin in our bodies we as black people are closer to God and get direct nourishment from the Sun..I thank all of the Scholars who have taken the time to research t bring us vital information that knocks all false theories out of the water! Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.

Tremendous amount of information within these pages.

One fact did catch my attention & raise more questions.

Clinton Brown, Weather In Madeira In May, Flag Of Chad, Nhs History, Lion Of Judah Flag, Zurich Home Insurance Reviews, The Horses Rickie Lee Jones Meaning, James Harmes Instagram, French Franc, Jim Lee Website, West African Countries, Don't Believe A Word Chords, Fairly Legal Episodes, Adele Lyrics, Seth Rollins Pinterest, Usaa Car Insurance Rates, Daniel Bryan 2020, Best American History Documentaries, The Sea Calls Me Moana, Agadez Mosque, Ajeet Rai, Punjabi Phrases, Smart Mobs, Where Can I Watch Damages, Dslr Photography For Beginners Pdf, Blithe Spirit London 2020, Senegal Guide Book, How To Play Shekere, Vantiv Worldpay Login, Ghana Etiquette, Just As I Am Chords D, Nigerian Descent Meaning, Costar Submarket Maps, West Germanic Languages, Driving School Vilniussomm 4: The Revenge, Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate Makes How Much, Ceo Unoc, Boondocks Comic Strip Book, Heartbreak Song, John Kufuor Net Worth, Jessica Springsteen, Cipollini Rb1k The One, Nathan Page Movies, Sam Gash Son, Intercontinental Exchange Subsidiaries,