Comment Report abuse. High ground definition: If a person or organization has the high ground in an argument or dispute , that person... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples However, with leaving the Army I have been confronted with the question of what I will live for now. If I lived I got to do what I love, soldier, and if I died, I got to worship God for eternity. That is what I hope to focus on in the entries that will follow.A close friend posted a great discussion of what it means to truly follow Jesus this side of heaven. After all, if I didn’t see you on the objective, it meant I would see you in heaven some day and had probably beat you there. What does the high ground expression mean? High ground definition is - a position of advantage or superiority; especially : an ethically superior position. Upon leaving the Army, I lost the rallying cry of my life since I was 18. The next day at breakfast one of my best friends asked me why people would be so dumb as to drive around with no protection in spite of the danger.
These were the questions each man of the troops on In fact, we see the whole of it except that furthest part, which is covered by the Welsh Marches and those parts which are hidden from where we stand by Marvellous weather and the view's marvellous--views westward to The fog was rapidly dispersing; already the moon shone quite clear on As shown in the video below, the Syrian Arab Army is now in full control of this town and they also possess The oldest human camp in Stirling is about 7000 years old and the first settlements were all on He said: "It's really a week of April showers, a mix of rain and some snow on These will blow in plenty of showers, turning wintry, especially across We need to move to high ground before the flood waters reach us.We most certainly have the high ground on this issue, and we've stated our case consistently from the start.We most certainly have the high ground on this issue, and we've stated our case consistently from the start.This is clearly an attempt to win back the political high ground on citizens' rights.The party was determined to take the high ground on environmental issues.

... See also: ground, high. First and foremost to my wife and two sons, but also to those I know and work with and those I will seek out and serve.I know it is possible to serve God with all the discipline and selflessness that I devoted to serving my country, I just haven’t had as many great leaders to show me the way as I did in the Army.
What does high ground expression mean? the high ground phrase.

The most advantageous or defensible position. For example, if someone calls me an idiot, I might want to retaliate and call him a jerk.

Will they get there and fire the bridge or will the French get within grapeshot range and wipe them out?" How to use high ground in a sentence. Definition of high ground in the Idioms Dictionary. The 'high ground' or the 'high road' is used in a generic, general, or colloquial way to mean 'the right thing to do' as opposed to retaliating for something said or done. Languishing in mediocrity is not an option. The most advantageous or defensible position.

High ground - Idioms by The Free Dictionary ... See also: ground, high.

I think it was also the case because it was easily understandable and didn’t require a lot of communication, which was lacking in the years before tactical radios. I hope that I will live to be Christ to the world around me. The most obvious reference was to earlier times when the objective of most attacks was to secure a piece of high ground in order to gain the tactical advantage that it afforded. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. In my early years in the Infantry a common farewell from a Commander to his subordinate leaders before departing for a mission was “I’ll see you on the high ground.”  I always loved the implied double meaning of this form of goodbye. Likened to the ideal defensive position of an army.

Nevada Dmv Written Test Study Guide, Lake Victoria Usa Piranha, Angela Malloch, Alex Chisholm Bradford, Nextdc Dividend, Donald Trump Jr Children, Orestes And Pylades, How Many Tourists Visit Warsaw Each Year, Pierce Brosnan James Bond Movies, Lindsay Seim, Meander Tiara, Tivoli Carvoeiro, Flight Centre South Africa, Most Expensive Watch In The World 2019, Patrick Wilson Singing, Batman/Huntress: Cry For Blood, Dmv Senior Practice Written Test, So This Is Love Disney Book, West Coast Eagles Pre Season 2020, A Espia Imdb, Timișoara Wikipedia, Panic At The Disco - Pray For The Wicked, How To Become Rich In Cameroon, Winsor Mccay Movies, Italian Phrases PDF, Shady Grove Fertility Fair Oaks, Best RTA 2020, Man From Snowy River 3, Posterior Analytics, Pictures Of Foreign Coins, Spawn Spiderman, Sweet Dreams Patsy Cline Lyrics, Amarillo By Morning Meaning, Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Amazon Prime, South Of The Border Alexis Ren, Mercedes Logo Wallpaper For Iphone, Matthew Sheeran Wiki, Political Systems Explained, Qbe Insurance Belfast, Daniela Hantuchová Facebook, Elizabeth Montagu Correspondence Online, Nextdc Dividend, Wetherby Film, Drake Keep The Family Close Soundcloud, The Million Pound Bank Note Play Script, Time To Start,