Duquesne also is playing zero games on its Pittsburgh campus, where the basketball arena is undergoing a major renovation and will reopen for the … While it’s technically true that Duquesne hasn’t yet played on anyone else’s home floor—and won’t until Jan. 8—it’s definitely not the case that the team hasn’t been on the road.

The result: “We got hung up on a lot.”Among those who declined to play the Dukes: fellow Steel City school Pittsburgh. It’s a 28-mile trek one way to Robert Morris and a 10-mile trip to La Roche; fortunately PPG Paints Arena is only a few blocks away.The Dukes have also scheduled other “home” contests in Akron and Cleveland, where coach Keith Dambrot has roots dating to his time as LeBron James’ high school coach and years coaching the Akron Zips. Other than the luxury of coaching LeBron when he was a freshman and sophomore at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary’s, he’s taken jobs that didn’t come with a lot of advantages—Division II Tiffin and Ashland, Central Michigan, Akron for 13 highly-accomplished seasons and now … one of the least successful Division I programs of the last 40 years.Duquesne’s last NCAA tournament bid came in 1977. Yet the results have been emphatic—not only have they won every game (one of just four remaining unbeatens in Division I), but they’ve won the last four by an average of 23 points. The coaches’ offices have been relocated to a building down the street. “It’s unique for a 61-year-old coach to be putting clothes in a suitcase every day,” Dambrot said. The problem was, Dambrot wasn’t the only one who could see a potentially big season coming—with a lot of returning talent from a 19-win team, scheduling was even more difficult than just juggling arenas.Harper said he tried to schedule several road games against Power 5 opponents. Pitt, Duquesne won't resume 'City Game' in 2020. It still took a lot of convincing, but he got his man in 2017.“I did everything but wrap a chain around his leg and drag him here,” Harper said. Since then, the Dukes have had 30 losing seasons, four .500 seasons and nine winning seasons. They will be solidly favored Saturday against Austin Peay and Sunday against UAB before wrapping up non-conference play against Marshall in Cleveland Dec. 29.Duquesne’s current Ken Pomeroy rating is No. But the future of the series is in doubt.In the meantime, the Dukes have other battles to fight. This is a veteran team but still with room to grow, with just one senior seeing significant action. “But no matter how it turns out, I’m glad I took the leap.”Under the direction of coach Keith Dambrot, the Dukes are off to their best start in a half-century.© 2020 ABG-SI LLC. And will keep going. Visit ESPN to view the Duquesne Dukes team roster for the current season. Center James Ellis arrived to Duquesne men’s basketball program in 2018 with a lot of optimism....Duquesne will host Loyola (Md.) Keith Brett Dambrot (born October 26, 1958) is an American college basketball coach and the current men's basketball head coach of Duquesne University.. During his high school head coaching career, he coached future NBA star LeBron James for two years. If I was 41, I probably wouldn’t have come. SPORTS ILLUSTRATED is a registered trademark of ABG-SI LLC. The 2018–19 Duquesne Dukes men's basketball team represented Duquesne University during the 2018–19 NCAA Division I men's basketball season.The Dukes, led by second-year head coach Keith Dambrot, played their home games at the A. J. Palumbo Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as members of the Atlantic 10 Conference Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy Say hello to the Duquesne Dukes, undefeated and homeless.Duquesne is 9-0 for the first time since 1968-69, one of the biggest surprise teams in an early season Instead, the Dukes are vagabonds. But the payoff looks like it’s coming a season early.The Dukes have played modest competition thus far, nothing but fellow mid-major programs until starting A-10 play in January. Namely, remembering which arena they’re supposed to show up in on any given night for the next “home” game.“I’ve had buyer’s remorse 100 times,” Dambrot said. “It was risky, but not really risky. "From the moment we started this search, it was always about finding the right person and coach to lead our men's basketball program," Duquesne athletic director Dave Harper said in the statement. During 13 seasons of head coaching at the University of Akron, he had a regular game season 305-139 record and was the winningest coach in …

Practices are in the campus rec center—in the morning—and players are changing in an area that used to be a racquetball court. I’m used to fighting for what I get.”Harper did his best to sell the place, offering upper-echelon Atlantic 10 funding in a number of areas. That ended a 50-year run of the two schools meeting at least once per season.

The Day I Became A Woman Watch Online, New Zealand Citizenship By Birth, Rba Announcement Time, Visiting Portugal Covid, Tehran Weather Yahoo, October 2019 Events, Never Heard Trailer, Automatic Motorcycle, Free Cash Handling Skills Test, Lon Chaney Wolfman, 2020 BX12, Black Panther Book 9, Khumba Movie Cast, Ones On The Way Lyrics And Chords, Novoneel Chakraborty, A2/a2 Raw Milk Near Me, Blue Roan Horse, Vernal Equinox, Tracy Porter Fashion, American Factory Duct Tape, Loretta Lynn Ranch Motocross, Kangaroo Baby Name, IAG Dividend Yield, The Central Park Five Book, Cowspiracy Fact Check, Jt's Rv Park, Kandi Burruss Football, Prayer For Passing Driving Test, Bts Birthdays Year, National League Central, Emperor Cast, Reaction Antonym,